Chapter 5

"You know what? Get the other one, the color is better on you," Kayla said, and I sighed.

"Fine, but only because I know you know what you're doing," I said, reluctantly, putting down the navy blue for the black.

Kayla and I had been shopping for the party- along with a much needed closet update, and so far I had gotten a pair of white shorts, a mint green dress, a pair of skinny jeans, and a black, short, loose-fitting, spaghetti strap dress.

"Perfect. You ready?" She said, and I nodded before we walked to the cash register.

"What do you wanna do tomorrow?" I asked, and Kayla laughed.

"I dunno, I guess we could go bowling or see a movie," she answered, and I shrugged.

"Let's do both," I said, and she gave me one of her award-winning grins.

"Okay, cool," she said, and we left the store and into the mall.

"You ready to leave? I'll pay for dinner," she said, and I agreed. We got pizza and went back to Kayla's, where we modeled our outfits for the party and planned our hair and make-up. I ended up crashing at her house, but of course my insomnia kept me up for a while. I went back to my house at five, before sleeping for a little more and then getting ready for school. I figured I would wear what I put on this morning to go bowling and to the movies. I squeezed into my skinny jeans and put on a gray top before layering it with my black leather jacket. I slipped on my all-black converse and put my curly hair into a messy bun. I quickly finished up throwing on a little makeup before leaving to pick up Kayla.

"Hey," I said, moving my bag to the backseat to make room for Kayla.

"Hey," she said cheerfully.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"I'm not," she answered, and I made a disbelieving face.

"Yeah, sure," I said, pulling onto the road. We were silent for the rest of the ride, consumed in our own thoughts.

"Hey, I gotta see a teacher before class, so I gotta go, sorry," Kayla said, backing away from the jeep to get a headstart.

"It's cool, see ya later," I said, waving and shifting my bag on my shoulder. I strolled to my locker, my headphones blasting music to drown out the noise of students. As I rounded the corner, I saw the same group of guys around my locker again. And guess who was standing flat up against my locker.

Chad.

I strided towards him, keeping my face calm and focusing on my music. I stopped at the edge of the group and waited, and I finally caught Chad's eye.

"Abigail! Just who I wanted to see," he said, pushing off my locker.

"It's Abby," I deadpanned, and he laughed.

"Well, I'm special. I'm the only one who gets to call you Abigail," he lowered his voice and I almost leaned towards him. Instead, I pushed past him and opened my locker.

"Give back my shit, Chad," I said, and a few people laughed quietly.

"Whatever are you talking about, Abigail?" He said, putting emphasis on my name.

"Give me my shit that was in my locker," I said, scowling. Chad had taken all of the books and pens that were left in my locker that I didn't take home.

"I don't have them," he said, and I frowned. "Okay, fine, I do. They're in the empty one next to yours," he said, and I gave him a sarcastic smile before turning to the locker. I opened it and found my stuff and threw it in my locker along with my bag. I shut my locker and turned.

He was standing so fucking close, I felt his breath on my neck. His forearm was pressed against the locker above my head, and I backed against my locker.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice just above a whisper.

"You're kind of cute when you're angry," he mumbled, moving his face next to mine.

"What?" I asked, breathing in his scent.

"Just getting to know what makes you tick," he said in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

"Excuse me?" I let out with a scoff, and he chuckled.

"And I just want to know what makes you... smile. Among other things," he answered, moving closer to my face.

"Like what?" I said, a lazy smile drifting onto my face.

"I'm sure we'll find out eventually," he said. I gave him a shove and he stepped back, startled. 

"I'm sure you won't," I snapped back, stomping away. I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato.

Of course Chad has chosen today to make sexual innuendos. 

*******

hehe 

chad's gettin a little wild ladies

xx