Chapter 9: Dancing in the Violet Moon

...

Dancing in the Violet Moon

...

Estella gave out a heavy sigh as she continued following the girl's movements with eyes flicking from side to side. The said girl darted around the closet room, going from side to side, with a pile of dresses hung limply on a forearm. Elizabeth hummed as she continued picking and adding dresses onto the pile of dresses in her arm. Leaning back onto the door frame behind her, Estella continued watching her every movement. Flicking her eyes away from the female, they slowly flicked about the room as she looked around to study it once again.

The narrow long room stretched up all the way to the end where a large window was located at the wall opposite the entrance where she was now standing at. The other female moved through the two rows of clothes that stood at the sides against the two stretches of walls, which were covered with olive green wallpaper. The click-clack of Elizabeth's shoes echoed throughout the room as the girl darted from side to side excitedly. Shadows were casted across the room by the two lamps of light which hung on the either walls.

She snapped her head over to Elizabeth when she heard an utter of her name to see her gesturing for her to come over. Giving a curt nod, Estella pushed her away from the door frame to an upright standing position and strolled obligingly over to the girl.

The minute she reached Elizabeth, the girl turned to her with a smile and extending the pile of dresses towards her. "Estella, can you help me hold these…? Thank you!"

When Estella took the pile of dresses from Elizabeth, her breath puffed out in surprise as her knees buckled slightly under the unexpected heavy weight of the dresses. Another arm shooting out to support the heavy weight, Estella steadied herself to straighten to an upright position and looked up to see that Elizabeth already have another smaller pile of newly added dresses in her arms. Grimacing in disgust when the girl took out a pink frilly dress, she eyed the dress as it got added onto the pile of dresses in the arm of the other female.

Gaping in bewilderment as her widened eyes flicked down to the enormous pile of dresses in her hand and then to the other pile in Elizabeth's arm, Estella raised both eyebrows at the exaggerating number of dresses which the girl picked.

"La-Lady Elizabeth…. I'm sure that these numbers of dresses you have picked would be enough…I suggest that we go straight into preparing…."

Elizabeth, who was scanning through the rows of dresses, turned to her and tilted her head with a smile. Her green eyes then flicked down to the enormous pile of dresses in the arms of Estella before they went wide in realization. She looked up at her with a sheepish smile.

"Oh no…I got so carried away that I didn't realize that I have already picked so many! Sorry, Estella….Oh dear, they must be heavy! Let me help you with some of those dresses…." Elizabeth extended her unoccupied hand towards her.

Estella flicked her eyes down to the hand before looking up at the girl. "No, it's okay. I can manage….So want to head back to my room now…?"

Elizabeth stared back for awhile before giving her a nod. "Alright….Let's go!"

Returning the gesture, Estella spun around and exited the room. Spinning around, just in time to see Elizabeth too stepped out of the room and closed the door behind her.

The girl turned around to face her with a wide smile on her face and chirped. "Let's head to my room instead!"

Tilting her head at the sudden change of venue, Estella shot back a smile before giving Elizabeth a curt nod. "Alright…."