Chapter 1

Madison's POV

I can already tell this summer will suck. It's bad enough that my mum and dad got divorced, and now I'm spending my summer at my grandma's? Great.
I guess it's a good thing my parents seperated. They were always fighting anyway.
My parents are rich and people always see me as some spoiled brat, but I'm not like that at all. I don't have any brothers or sisters and I don't really care about that.
My mother is going to Paris this summer to "find herself" or whatever the fuck people who go to Paris do. My father, as expected from a rich lawyer divorced man, got married to some 25 year old bimbo. I can't stand him or her, so I sure as hell wasn't going to spend the summer with them.

"Madison! Wake up! You need to get ready so I can drive you to the airport!" Said my mom, yelling at me to get up.
"I already told you... I'M UP!" I yelled.
"Then why don't you get out of bed?"
"Fine, I am now." I sighed.

~message from brooke~
Brooke: when are you leaving?
madison: now :(
Brooke: I''ll pick up danny so we can come say goodbye. see you in 15.
Madison: see you.

I got out of bed and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I looked in the mirror. I was sad to leave New York and all my friends for sure.
I put on a nirvana tshirt, ripped jeans and a white converse just to keep it casual. I went downstairs and smelled something good. Yum, pancakes! My mum knew damn right how to cheer me up.
"Made you your favorite blueberry and banana pancakes with maple syrup and bacon!" Said mum, cheerfully. I guess I could understand why she went to Paris or why she wanted to "find herself". She was just looking for an excuse to be happy and know who she was as a person, I don't blame her. I mean isn't that what we're all trying to do in our lives?
"Thanks mum." I said, forcing a smile.
I ate my pancakes in about 10 minutes or else I would miss my flight.
"You sure I don't have to drive you to the airport?" She asked.
"Don't worry, I'm just gonna take an Uber to there."
"Okay. Sweetie, I'll miss you." She said, leaning in to hug me.
"I'll miss you too mom." I said, hugging her back.

"Did you think you'd leave without saying goodbye to us?"
I laughed. I thought I wouldn't say goodbye to my friends. Brooke and Danny have been my bestfriends since the 4th grade. We never grew apart since then.
"I'll miss you guys."
"We'll miss you too, don't have too much fun without us." Said brooke.
"Uhm.. I don't think I'll be having any sorts of fun but ok!"
I gave them a group hug.

My uber was outside and took me to the airport. Luckily, I didn't miss the plane. I got on it and took a seat. I had a window seat! The flight from Ny to Malibu is 4 hours and 50 minutes. So about 5 hours, not bad. I put on my headphones and fell asleep... Music is the only thing that could save me from this day.

------

Hope you guys liked this shitty chapter. I have a good feeling about this book! I've had 2 books before and ended up deleting them at the end, I don't know why but I felt like they sucked and didn't know where to go from there but i am and I feel like this will be a great book.
Please vote ❤️