12. Moments in Spain

Start from the beginning

          “He’ll come around,” Harry gives me a small, reassuring smile. “He’s your best friend.”

          I forced a small smile. “Yeah.”

          A knock soon enough sounded on the door and Harry got up to get it. He thanked whoever it was on the other side of the door and closed it, and I saw him holding a tray that had a bowl of steaming hot soup. I sat up as he walked over, sitting back down next to me.

          Taking the tray from him, I said, “Thanks,” before dipping the spoon into the bowl.

          Harry smiles at me before standing back up. “I’m gonna go take a shower,” he says and I nod.

          He takes a couple of clothes out from his suitcase before retreating to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. A few seconds later I hear the sound of the water and I continue with my soup. I have to say, it feels pretty good against my hurting throat. Within a few minutes, I’m done with it and put it on my bed side.

          I reach for my phone and press the home button, and sigh when I see that I still have no messages or calls from Logan. Why is he even mad at me? Clenching my jaw, I create a text to him.

To: Logan

Seriously, Logan, you’re overreacting. I haven’t done anything wrong and you ignoring me isn’t going to solve whatever problem there is between us. So when you grow a fucking pair, call me, okay?

          With a sigh, I toss my phone in front of me on the bed and lean back against the headboard. Picking up the remote, I turned on the TV that was in front of me and flipped through the channels.

          A couple of minutes later, the bathroom door swung open and out came Harry. He was wearing sweat pants and a white shirt, a towel in his hand as he dried his wet hair with one hand.

          Since I was tired and it was already a bit late, I shut the TV off and stood up, walking into the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and changing into my pajamas, I walked back into the room and saw Harry already getting ready for the bed.

          We were so used to it; sleeping besides each other, I mean. We just slept like we normally would, and we never touched each other. He had one side of the bed and I had the other, and I always noticed how Harry made sure he never accidently touched me or make me feel uncomfortable.

          He was beyond sweet.

          Getting into the bed next to him, I lay down and pulled the covers on top of my body, since the air conditioning was on full blast in the living room. My V-neck and night shorts could only cover my skin so much, so I buried myself deeper under the covers, pulling them closer to me.

          “Are you cold?”

          I opened my eyes to see Harry looking at me, and even through the darkness I could make out his green eyes. His body was turned to face me, just as mine was, and his arm was above the comforter.

          “A bit,” I mumble, pursing my lips for a second.

          Harry shifted a little, and to my utmost surprise, I felt his arm slide across my waist before he pulled me in, tucking me in his chest. My eyes widened and I had half a mind to push him away. But he was just so warm and comfortable, and he even smelled really nice.

          So I did what any other girl would have done; I snuggled up next to him and shut my eyes, hearing his soft voice whisper, “Better?”