(1)Lullaby (1/2)

⛈{Daniel Howell x Fem! Reader }⛈

• (Readers pov):

I very tiredly walked past the living room in which my roommate Lei and her parents sat discussing the most random of topics. I continued down the hall to my bedroom letting the doorknob twist slowly in my grip as I pushed it forward to open my door. I walked in closing the door behind me and laying my work bag on the floor next to my bed. I let out a deep sigh stretching. " It's been a long day" I yawned laying down without hesitation before I knew it I had fallen asleep almost instantly, feeling too tired to go bathe before bed I had also forgotten to change out of my work clothes from that tiring morning shift. I woke up an hour or so later to take a shower only to return to my room left with nothing else to do but to eye the objects and posters in my room thinking of some of the things I could spend the rest of my day doing. I mean I could join Lei and her parents in the living room.... then again I'd much rather not..I mean don't get me wrong I love spending time with them I'm just not too in the mood.

A sudden idea popped into my head "ah that's right I could always hang out with my best friend" I whispered to myself sitting up on the edge of the bed. I gathered all of my things that I would normally bring on my trips to his house. I picked up the keys off of my bedside table grabbing onto my phone and turning to check myself out in the mirror.

" perfect" I smiled at my reflection.

" Good afternoon Mr. and  Mrs. Summer " I smiled to which they returned the smile almost instantly. Lei stayed silent for a few seconds looking me up and down before choosing to speak again.

" Hey, where are you off to anyways " she arched her brow.

" Oh you know just going for a walk, I might go over to-"

" your boyfriends' house again?" she teased wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"He's not my boyfriend " I growled lowly trying not to seem annoyed in front of her parents. "Not yet " Lei she winked at me before resting her expression to a smirk.

I sighed annoyed keeping nothing but a smile on my face " I'll see you later my dear Lei ~" I rolled my eyes at her turning to walk to the front door. " goodbye Mr. and Mrs. S " I waved sweetly waiting for their response before closing the door behind me.

Her comment flooded my mind, It caused me to regret telling her about my feelings toward my best friend. Then again she's always been there to help me through any type of obstacle that's gotten me down. Actually, since I told her about this she seemed super insistent on building up my confidence to tell him how I feel. The night before, Lei and I were discussing the same old topic finally coming to the conclusion that If any time would be right It would be now. We had decided It was time for me to confess.

I parked my car in front of his house, I decided to bring it just in case anything went wrong, you know the high chance that he rejects me and I completely ruin everything for myself.

I unlocked his front door with the spare key he had given me, I stepped in and breathed deeply. "HONEY I'M HOME," I said jokingly raising my voice as I lightly closed the door behind me. I heard heavy footsteps rushing to the railing on the second floor, he peaked his head out slightly.

"Oh (Y\N), It's just you" he paused for a moment seeming disappointed before walking down the stairs. " welcome 'home'" he used his hands to make air quotes as he motioned me to sit next to him on the sofa while he turned on the tv and played a movie.

' you'll be fine you can do it ' Lei's voice filled my mind as a repeat of what we had discussed last night filled my mind. I breathed in losing my train of thought only to realize he wasn't sitting next to me anymore. He was pacing back and forth only stopping to glance down at his wristwatch from time to time. ' Maybe he's waiting for Phil?' I thought to myself.