Chapter 1: Stalkers

I wouldn't admit to being followed by lunatics because if I said something I think they'd have my loved ones on the floor with in seconds pleading for freedom. I'm Miley Evans. Things in this town have gone bonkers. I've being followed by crazy people. They've showed up everywhere, the mall, school, the arcade, the movie theatres, and even my house. I know what everyone says 'you should go to the police'. I wish I could but of course I can't. The police do not know about my family's secret and we'd like to keep it like that.

The only people that know about my secret is my closest friends and family members. Anyways, back to the point these lunatics aren't regular psychotic people. They have a big secret too. They are werewolves just like my family and some of my closest friends.

My family and friends don't belong in a pack. Each and every member was killed in a war while we were on vacation. Ironic huh? Other packs see us as a pack of rogues. Rogues are werewolves that don't belong in their own pack. But the truth is, none of us had Alpha blood or was Beta blood. We were just normal werewolves in a pack with no special title. We all tried explaining to some packs about who we are and how we aren't a threat but none will give us the time of day.

Back to the crazy psychopaths, they all started to follow me once I started junior year of high school. I was pretty much a regular high school girl. Except I didn't date, talk, or drool over boys. This is 100% true since my mom explained to me what a mate is. Your mate is your soul mate who you can't live without. I believed that my mate should be my first for everything so I didn't care about who was single or who asked me out because I'd turn them down in a heartbeat. I haven't found the one yet but I have a feeling I won't find him soon.

During the beginning of junior year, I noticed a guy following me everywhere I went. At first I thought I was hallucinating. So, I tested him. I pretended to use the restroom to see if he was going to follow me. He didn't follow me into the restroom but I caught him near the water fountain pretending to drink water just waiting for me to come out. I decided I needed to confront this stalker.

After school, I made sure the stranger was following me. I walked towards the back of the school and cornered the stalker.

"Hello, mysterious boy who keeps following me everywhere who in fact isn't human," I smirked.

"Well, it seems like you found out I was keeping an eye on you," he grinned.

"What's your name and what do you want from me? I'm pretty sure I'm not that interesting," I questioned.

"I don't want anything from you, but my Alpha does and I don't think you need to know my name, sweet cheeks," he snarled.

"Who is your Alpha? Well mystery boy you better tell me your name if you don't want me to rip your throat," I growled.

"Oooh, you're one feisty wolf, I like it. Fine, my name is Jeremy Sullivan and my Alpha is Eli Thompson. Heard of him before?" Jeremy winked.

I gasped. "Uh... Eli Thompson... never heard of him before," I lied.

Of course I knew who Eli Thompson was. He was the one that started the war that killed our whole pack. He pissed off our rival pack and started a war. Eli was one of those wolves who had a cocky attitude and ran his mouth 24/7. He also had this crazy obsession for me. He kept telling me that I was his mate. But I knew for a fact that I wasn't. It was creepy and disturbing at the same time. But what confused me the most was that I thought he died with the others in our pack. Something terrible is wrong.

"Oh really? He has blonde hair with dark brown eyes and you know has a creepy obsession with you. Oh he's also the one who wants to wipe out the rest of your family and friends. But he's willing to save his Luna," Jeremy stated.

"Ooooh, that Eli. Err.. Yeah I know him, all of us thought he was dead? Wait, Luna? HELL NO. I am not his mate nor will I ever be," I said nervously.

"Nope and yes Luna," he said popping the 'p' but before I could ask anymore questions I heard a low growl coming from behind me. I looked up at Jeremy and he tensed up.

"WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO MY SISTER? ARE YOU A ROGUE?," the familiar voice growled.

As I turned around slowly, I notice that head of dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. It was my brother, Nick.

"I was just going," as I was caught off guard Jeremy slipped away.

"NO, Wa- ," I screamed. It was no use, he already made a dash for the woods near the school.

"Why the hell did you do that for?! We're pretty much rogues ourselves so why did it matter if he was a rogue?! I WAS TRYING TO GET ANSWERS DUMBASS!" I yelled at my brother.

"What answers? Well sorry that I didn't notice his scent and that he's I don't know A WEREWOLF. He could have killed you, you haven't trained in awhile, what makes you think you can take him. You should be thanking me at the moment," he retorted.

"Fine, but I'm still mad at you. Err.. I kind of have news can you mind link our family and friends I have an announcement," I said in a worried tone.

Even though my brother agreed with no questions asked, you could see the confusion in his facial expression.

'I'm scared, how am I suppose to tell them that an extra member of our old pack survived and is planning to take us all out' I told my wolf.

'Just like that no worries I'm here with you and if anyone wants to hurt you they'll have to go through me even though we're pretty much the same person' my wolf snorted.

'Well thanks for the encouragement? Ready to go?'

'Yep, good luck with your speech you're gonna need it,' she snarled.

Author's Note: AHHHH! I made my first chapter for Wanted: Mate. Gosh I've never written a werewolf story before. I hope this story grabs your attention. Thanks for reading the first chapter even though it's pretty short. xoxo Stella <3