January 23, 2013

"Calum!" I yelled over the loud obnoxious fire alarm going off. Racing downstairs I locate the circle and yank the batteries out of it. I look behind me glaring at the brunet smoking a small joint. "My parents are going to be here any second and you are smoking?"

"I think the word is, relaxing." He exhales smoke clouding my vision. I grabbed the joint and flick it into a cup near by with beer. "What the fuck, Jane?"

I turn and head upstairs to finish getting ready. Grabbing my phone I dialed my parents. He always had to ruin nights out with my parents every month. No wonder why they don't like him. "Mom? Hey, do you think we can meet at the restaurant in an hour?"

"Is everything alright, Jane?"

"Calum is being difficult. I will be there. Bye, mom." I hung up and untied my hair to straighten it roughly. "Get your shoes on, Calum."

Calum enters taking off his suit as he approaches the bed. "I am not going to the dinner. I would rather mourn the loss of my joint in bed away from you and your parents."

"Fine." I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. "Maybe I will find a better boyfriend that has an actual job."

"I can hear you, Jane."

"I wanted you to!" I grabbed the handle to the front door opening it and slamming it close. I hear curse words followed by fumbling across the floor. Calum fumbled down the stairs with his shoes landing on the last step setting eyes on me. "Let's get going." I smile.

Calum and I have been on and off for three years since I was in high school. He was a twenty one year old with a crush on a eighteen year old. Though I lied about my age we grew from there. Cute little dates and then to cheating dates to break ups. Repeat.
"I want to see you actually cheat on me, Jane." He slams his passenger door fixing his tie.
"I have and I will if you continue to be an asshole." I drove to the most terrible dinner date in the history of dates.