Chapter Twenty Happy Endings

A/N This chapter is especially long for all you awesome people out there! It's also the last chapter of this book, and I want to thank everyone who's so supportive of it. I don't think I could have finished it without all my wonderful readers. Love you all, and I'm going to start another book soon!

💜💜~Sofaloofa

It was hot. Uncomfortably hot. Your eyes slowly fluttered open, the only thing you could see was a ceiling. You were on a large bed, it being surprisingly soft. You sat up with little difficulty, stretching your arms. You jumped, however, at the sight of two men at the foot of your bed, dressed like guards.

"Good morning, your majesty." One said. Your majesty... You were confused for a second, before everything came crashing down on you. Crowley was dead, and while you didn't realise the implications at the time, now you knew what had happened. You stared at the two men like they were aliens.

"A-Am I in... In hell?" You asked, looking around the room. It had a red theme to it, accented with black. The covers of the bed were red, along with the pillows.

"Yes. Do you not remember coming here?" The walls were painted red as well, black designs of symbols you couldn't recognise painted on them. There was a fire place along one wall, with a giant picture of Crowley hanging on the wall. Now was the time to test your power.

Ignoring their earlier question, you pointed to the picture. "Remove it," You commanded. One bowed slightly and rushed over to the picture, taking it down and rushing out of the room through the double doors. You smiled.

***

"What do I have to do?" You asked the demon in front of you. She smiled.

"Just think about where you want to go. There's not much to it." She replied.

It had been several weeks since you were sent to hell. For those several weeks you've gotten accustomed to being a queen. You had demons always ready to serve you. Your clothes were much more elegant now. And your castle was amazing, raising above the dry and rocky terrain like a sore thumb. Although the screams of tortured souls could be heard in the distance, eventually, you got used to it.

"And you said the Winchesters were in Michigan?" You asked, making sure that your demons had gotten the information right. She nodded and you closed your eyes, focusing your thoughts. Michigan.

Not two seconds later you were thrown against the floor, a groan escaping your lips. You would definitely need to get used to that. You pushed yourself up and looked at your surroundings, the first thing you noticed being the fact that you had landed in a store isle.

You stood on shaky legs, grasping onto a shelf to stabilise yourself. You looked around, brushing off dust from your dress. You walked over to the end of the isle, before being shoved down my a running body.

"God, I am so sorry Miss! Here, let me-" You tuned out, however, because you recognised that man's voice.

"Dean?" You looked up to see that same rugged face and sparkling green eyes. A wicked grin spread across your face and before he could respond he was flying across the store, a shout from Sam heard from another corner in the store. You turned around to come face to face with the one you wanted to kill most right now.

"Castiel. Funny meeting you here," You said, backing up slightly. The angel looked at you as if trying to see into your soul. Luckily, you were pretty sure you left that back at the castle.

"____. What are you doing here?" He asked in his usual gruff voice. You cocked your head to the side, pretending to be thinking deeply about your answer. You then smiled.

"I wanted to see my boyfriend, is all. Why, you don't love me anymore?" You materialised a knife behind your back, looking innocently at Castiel. Sam and Dean soon ran up behind you however, trapping you in the isle.

"Don't fall for it, Cas!" Sam yelled, who was helping Dean stand with an arm around his shoulder. He would have grabbed your knife but he couldn't, leaving the smile on your face.

"You can't kill me." Castiel said defensively.

"I can wound you."

"It won't affect me."

"Well it'll be satisfying enough!" You yelled finally, throwing your knife down. Castiel backed up slightly, weary of you.

You hated what you had become. You may have everything at your fingertips but you hated it. You hated to way Castiel looked at you now, as if he didn't know you. You just had to kill Crowley. And to you, it seemed like Castiel didn't do enough to stop you.

"Why didn't you stop me?" You asked, your voice barely above a whisper. Castiel looked at you with pity in his eyes.

"I tried. I really did, but in the end it was only your fault. You weren't listening to me," He replied, reaching out to take your hand in his. You pulled away, refusing to look into his blue eyes, knowing you'd only see hurt and pity. You shook your head, not wanting to believe him. How could it be your fault? You felt tears start to form in your eyes. You looked back at Cas longingly once more, before leaving without a word.

You pushed your way through the demons that guarded the outside of your castle, not answering their questioning looks. You headed straight for your bar, grabbing a glass and a bottle of whiskey. You poured some with shaking hands, downing the glass before you could finish pouring. The bottle of whiskey finished quicker than you anticipated. You threw your glass across the room, feeling a short satisfaction at hearing the glass shatter against the wall.

You rubbed your temple, tears falling. You stumbled to your room, pushing open the large doors and falling into your bed. Your eyesight was clouded by tears and alcohol as you looked around your room. Of course the fact that it was almost completely dark didn't help your vision.

It was over, you knew it. You would live, as would he, but not together. It was weird, remembering how you had loved each other so fiercely. You knew it had been a waste to try and see him again, and you weren't sure why you tried so hard. Tears fell again when you thought of what you wanted, to be happy with him.

Sleep evaded you for reasons unbeknownst to you. You lie wide awake in bed, staring at the ceiling and hoping for sleep. You tried to forget about him, but the more you tried the harder it got.

You just wanted to be happy with him.

Cas slumped forward in his chair, head buried in his hands. Hot tears slid down his cheeks.

It was like you were dead. And while maybe you weren't actually dead, you were gone from his life, possibly forever. At that thought he felt his shoulders shaking violently as he cried harder and he felt his wings unfurl, then wrap around himself. He couldn't stand it, he just couldn't.

This is the hardest story
That I've ever told
No hope, or love, or glory
Happy endings gone forever more