sixteen

"Let me see your back." Yoongi told Jimin.

"What?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"You fell on something, right? Let me see how bad it is."

"Is this an excuse so you could see me shirtless?"

"I don't recall you having abs on your back."

Jimin laughed, taking off his shirt and turning around. He heard Yoongi groan as he touched Jimin's back. "Your fingers are cold." He whispered.

Yoongi retracted his hand and sighed. "You have a huge bruise, Jimin."

"Yeah, no shit. It's gonna get better in a few days."

"You should rest and not go to school for a day or two."

"I think it's my mom's job to say that, hyung."

"We'll she's not here to say it to you, is she?" Yoongi didn't mean to sound harsh but it just came out that way.

Jimin looked down and a tear fell from his eyes. Yoongi was looking the other side, not noticing anything. Jimin quickly wiped it away and felt the anger increase inside of him. He didn't want to cry. He hated crying. Whenever he got frustrated, he would cry and he disliked that thing about himself.

"Hey— wait, are you crying?" Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, pulling Jimin closer. He removed Jimin's hands and cupped his face. "Why are you crying?" Jimin didn't answer, he just let the rest of his tears fall. "Jimin, answer me."

He shook his head and looked away from Yoongi. "It's nothing." It was so hard for Jimin to just say two words because he was holding back a sob.

"Clearly, it's something."

"Please don't ask. Just this once, hyung. Please."

It took Yoongi everything not to ask once again. He finally nodded and looked at Jimin. "Can I at least comfort you?"

Jimin looked down and then back up. "It's really late, Yoongi hyung, you should go back home."

It hurt Yoongi that Jimin ignored his question but he wasn't going to push it any further. He leaned forward to kiss the younger but Jimin just turned his head, causing Yoongi to kiss his cheek. Yoongi looked away and stood up, leaving Jimin alone and going back home.

As soon as Jimin heard the front door close, he let out the sob he's been holding this whole time. He let everything out. He could feel the warm tears start to run down his cheeks towards the side of his mouth. He tasted how salty his tears were. He didn't care though as he wiped them away with his wet shirt. That didn't help though because his previous tears were replaced with new ones as they rolled down his face.

He hugged the pillow on the sofa to his chest and shut his eyes tightly, letting every last bit of the tears out. It's been a few hours since Yoongi had found him at the park. It was one in the morning now. Jimin was still on the couch. His tears dried on his cheeks. He wasn't asleep. He was just staring at nothing. He heard the front door open and he knew it was his mom.

He didn't want her to see him like this so he quickly leaned backwards onto the couch and pretended to be asleep. Even though he knew she wouldn't notice him, he still wouldn't risk it. And as he guessed, his mother walked right by him and up the stairs, to her room. He knew that bit because of the smell of alcohol following her. That caused more tears to fall.

All he could think about was how he doesn't have a father figure. And soon enough, he won't have a mother at all either.

--

I apologize if yall cried I mean I cried too bc this shit was so hard to write cause im so bad at describing feelings but this part hit me right in the heart