Chapter 2

I woke up at 6:30 and got ready for school. I went to my first class and saw a big blue monkey sitting behind a desk. He was reading a book while the room filled with students. I looked around the room and saw small chemistry labs on tables in the back, desks in the front, and posters all over the walls. "He's not a monkey." A red haired lady said and I looked at the monkey.

"You sure?" I asked and she smiled.

"He looked like a normal human but he mutated to what he is now." I nodded and found a seat in the back. Every seat was filled and the red haired lady walked to the front of the class. Everyone quit talking and looked at her. "Everyone should know by now that we have a new student." Everyone looked at me and I slouched in my seat. "Her name's Maya Forly and no one better have her do rediculas things just because she's new." The door opened and Suzie walked in. "Glad you could join us Suzie." Suzie rolled her eyes and looked for a seat. There was no seat and she crossed her arms. She walked over to me and glared down at me. "Peter, please get a seat for Suzie." A big guy with brown hair got her a seat and the lady smiled at him. "Put it up front." He nodded and did it. Suzie looked at it.

"Switch me seats." She said and the lady came over.

"There asigned seats and your's is up front." Suzie glared at her. "And don't think your the only telepath in the school either." Suzie pushed past her and went to the seat. She sat down and the lady went to the front of the classroom. "You may call me Professor Grey." We nodded and she began class. "Everyone will be doing projects. You can choose to do with a partner or by yourself." Some of the students looked at eachother and nodded. "You will pick an animal that doesn't live in our envirment and do a prodject on it. You will have a box, of your size, to show the habitat and animals in it. I want the name, scientific name, and at least fifteen facts." I pulled out my note book and took notes. "Beast is here to help you find some facts and I will help you find animals that will work." She opened a closet door and I saw a lot of stuff I could use. "Get a laptop and start looking for an animal." Everyone got up and got a laptop. I checked with Professor Gray about my animal and she okayed it. I started getting facts about it but stopped when Daken walked in. Most of the girls looked at him with hungry looks. He looked around but stopped when he saw me. "What do you need, Daken?" Professor Grey asked and he looked at her.

"Is it alright if I steal Maya for the rest of the class?" He asked.

"If you give the reason why." She said.

"The Professor wants to talk to her." Professor Grey nodded and looked at me.

"Save what you have and go with him." I nodded and put my things away. I followed Daken into the hallway and something kept tugging at my mind.

"Why where you in my room?" I asked and he glanced at me from over his shoulder.

"There was something in there." He looked forward and continued walking.

"What was in there?" I asked but he never answered. He took me to an office and I saw Charles in it.

"Sit." He gestured to one of the chairs infront of his desk and I sat in one. "Daken, you can leave." He nodded and left. "Now, Maya, I'd like for you to tell me why you and your cousin hate eachother so much." I frowned and looked away. "I'm sorry if I sound mean, but if you don't tell me, I'll find out on my own."

"How?" I asked.

"I'm a telepath, too." I nodded and sighed.

"I was dating a boy and he purposed to me." I said. "The day we where going to tell everyone, he wanted to see me alone and when he did. He-" I had to clear my throat. "He took back the ring and the next day I saw him with Suzie." He nodded and took some notes.

"And are they still together?" I opened my mouth to say something but only a squick came out. I quickly closed my mouth and took deep breaths. "Would you a tissue?" I nodded and he handed me some. AFter a couple minutes, I new I couldn't say anything without crying.

"Just read my mind." I managed to say and he nodded. He brought his hand to his head and closed his eyes. "Tell me when I can leave." He nodded and sat there for a couple minutes. Soon he put his hand down and sighed.

"Alright, you may go to your room." I nodded and went to my room. Once I was in, I locked the door and collasped on my bed. I cried into my pillow until there was no more tears. After a little bit, I fell asleep.

"Maya, wake up." I heard someone say and rolled away. "May, wake up." I opened my eyes and saw Charles and Suzie. "I think it's time for her to know what happened." I frowned but sat up and hugged my knees to my chest. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit." He left and Suzie looked around my room.

"So, what's he want us to talk about?" She asked.

"What really happened when you took Marcus." I said and she laughed.

"He was a boyfriend, it's not like he purposed to you." She laughed again and a tear rolled down my cheek. "Oh my God, he did, didn't you?" I nodded and she hugged me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"Why?" I asked and she hugged me tighter.

"I thought you deserved better." She whispered. "I caught him cheating on you with Zoey." I shook my head and covered my ears.

"No, he wouldn't." I said and she rested her forehead on mine. She closed her eyes and I felt horrible pain in my head.

Suzie's Flash Back

I walking down the school hallway and hear gigling to my left. I looked and see Mr. Brown's door. I walk over and crack the door some. "Marcus, don't stop." I hear a girl say but frown when it wasn't Maya's voice. I look inside and see Marcus kissing a topless girl. The girl sees me and quickly covers her chest. Marcus grunts in confusion than looks to see where she was looking. He gasped when he saw me and I walked out of the room.

"Suzie!" He runs after me and grabs my arm. "Suzie, it wasn't what it looked like." He said and I glared at him.

"It looks like your cheating on my cousin." I said and he looked nervous.

"Um...it's not...um..." I punched him and he went down.

"Either you stay away from Maya or you'll regret it." I turned on my heel and walked away.

End Of Flash Back

I shook my head and let the tears roll. "No." She hugged me but I pushed her away. "No! Don't touch me!" I rushed to the bathroom and locked myself in.

"Maya, please come out." She said on the other side of the door and I shook my head.

"No." I said and crawled into the tub.

"Maya, please come out so we can talk." I heard someone talk to her and a knock on the door.

"Maya, it's Jean." A lady said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Professor Grey." She said.

"Oh." I mumbled and heard the door unlock. There was footsteps and Jean pulled back the curtain.

"Maya, don't cry." She said and went to climb in but stopped. "You don't look very good." She put her hand on my forehead and frowned. "You have a fever." She said. "Come on." She grabbed my arms and tried to pulled me out of the tub.

"No!" I pushed her away. "Get out!" I made a force feild wrap around her and carry her out the door. The door closed and locked. I pulled out my phone and called Dad. I listened to it ring and it went to the answering machine. I sighed and hung up. I turned on the water and let it fill up. I put my head under.