Intro

Emily was absolutely thrilled. She was fresh out of college and already had gotten a well-paying job! Even better, this job was as a product tester, so she could know about the best products before they hit the shelves! She didn't know why more people didn't apply to these sorts of things.

She pulled into the parking lot of the facility, which was designed like a boarding school. Getting out of her car, she saw a few men and women milling about. She swallowed and walked through the front doors, heading the reception. The secretary looked up and smiled. "How may I help you?" he asked.

"U-uh..." Emily swallowed. "I'm a product tester. It's my first day on the job."

The man's eyes sparkled in recognition. "Ah! You must be Miss Empress!"

She smiled and nodded. "Uh-huh. Where do I go for testing?"

"You don't. Walk out of here, turn right and head down the hall. First days are always just setting up your office space. You're room...256. Second floor, 56th room built. If you wish, this can also be your living quarters. I believe you accepted that option?"

"Yes..."

"Then your office will double as a dorm. Your car keys for you room key, please."

Emily mutely handed the keys over. She got a key card in return. Like a hotel, she thought.

She walked out and followed the directions, which led her to a stairwell. She climbed it and found her room quickly. A quick swipe of her key card let her in. It looked like a college dorm, complete with a loft bed and desk underneath. There was a beanbag in the corner, as well as an ensuite bathroom. She grinned. She could see this place crawling with stuffed animals. And she could set up her laptop on the beanbag...oh, yes. This would be marvelous.

There was a knock at the door and her stuff was brought in. She spent all afternoon making the room hers. She ordered pizza to her room, and after eating the entirety of it, passed out on her bed, eager to try out the new products the first thing in the morning.