Chapter 8

Sorry I haven't been consistent lately, but trust me. You all are going to love this chapter 😏

Robin in mm.

Excuse my mistakes ..

-Tai💘

--

Kaya

"Hey Kaya." Robin said smiling awkwardly as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Robin?" I asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

I haven't seen Robin in two years, especially after the last time we met at that cafe and she went ballistic because I chose August over her.

"I- I um- well to be honest, I don't know." She chuckled. "I was passing by and I seen your house, and I kinda just stopped." She confessed.

"Oh." I said. "It's kind of cold, do you want to step in?" I asked rubbing my arms.

She shook her head yes. "Yes, thanks."

I pulled the door open wider and allowed her to step in.

Closing the door behind me, I locked it and she took off her wet boots by the door.

"Wow it looks so different." She said looking around my house.

"Yeah, a lot of things are different."

"Well I don't want to overstay my welcome." She said looking at a picture on my chimney.

"You're still with August?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered.

She sighed and turned around. "Look Kaya. I'm sorry about-

"No. It's okay." I said quickly cutting her off.

"I just really don't want this to come between us. I just really feel like a piece is missing." She confessed.

I took a breath before speaking. "I felt that way too."

"You do?"

"I did." I corrected her. "It's been two years since we fell out." I shrugged picking up Aubrey's toys from the floor.

"Why do you have baby-

"Get back hea luh girl." August said chasing Aubrey into the living room.

She was wearing only a diaper and held August's phone in her right hand as she giggled.

She quickly ran to me and I scooped her up. "What are you doing Aubrey." I asked laughing at August.

He was covered in baby lotion and powder.

I couldn't help but laugh at him as he mugged Aubrey.

"What did you do to daddy Aubrey?" I asked laughing.

Robin face fell as soon as daddy left her mouth.

"Come on." August said taking her from me.