Fire With Fire - Chapter 20

Today's quote is :                                                                                                                                                                                                "Confidence doesn't come when you have answers to all the questions, but it comes when you are ready to face the questions."                                                                                                                                                                                                            -Anonymous 

***********************************************************************

ANAYA

'Oh my God!' I uttered. 'Oh my God!'

'What? What?' Avil questioned.

'We are such fools. Absolute fools', I said.

'And why is that?' Avil asked.

'We forgot we have our cell phones with us. They forgot to confiscate the damn phones', I said. 'How can we forgot that?! Ugh! We are such idiots.'

'Damn it!' Avil cursed. 'Why the hell did we forget that?!'

'Anway, I'm calling Isla. You call Bryce', I said. 'Tell them to tell our parents to get some back up to this place.'

'And how will they know where we are?' Avil asked.

'You dumbass, they can track our phones', I said. 'But just in case, tell them to track our phones. I have a feeling we're still in Bangalore.'

'Yeah yeah', Avil said, waving his hands.

'Now go call', I said. 'I'm calling Isla now.'

'Fine', Avil grumbled and went to the other side of the room to make the call.

I dialed Isla's number and waited for her to pick up the phone. I also kept the phone away from my years because I was sure that if I kept my near close to my ear, my hearing would be damaged.

'ANAYA! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME NOW? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE'VE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOU? WAIT TILL YOU COME HOME, I'LL FREAKING CASTRATE YOU', Isla shouted. What'd I tell you? Now you know why I didn't keep the phone close to my ear.

'Isla, calm down please', I said.

'DON'T TELL ME TO FREAKING CALM DOWN. YOU'VE BEEN MISSING FOR WEEKS AND YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. HOW DARE YOU?!', Isla shouted.

'Isla please, calm down', I said.

'Wait, now that I think about it, Avil has been missing for the same amount of weeks', Isla said. She finally calmed down. Thank God! 'Oh my God! Please tell me you didn't elope with him.'

As soon as she uttered that last sentence, I started choking on my spit. 'Wha?! Isla! How can you say that? I freakin' hate that guy and you think I eloped with him!'

'Well, that's the only explanation I could come up with considering you've both been missing for the same amount of weeks and also went missing on the same day', Isla said.

'How about we both were kidnapped explanation?' I said, rolling my eyes.

'So you mean to tell me that you've both been kidnaped?!' Isla said. 'Why didn't you tell me earlier? Gosh, I should go convey this information to your parents right now. Wait, why didn't you call them first?' Isla started asking questions and questions.

'Isla slow down please', I sighed. 'Just tell my parents that Victor kidnapped us and tell them that he told us everything. Then, you go and ask your parents to tell you everything. It won't make any sense now but trust me, it will later. Demand your parents that they tell you everything. And just in case Avil hasn't mentioned it to Bryce, tell Avil's parents what I told you to tell my parents and tell Bryce to ask his parents what I told you to ask your parents okay.'