Introduction

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SOCKS AND GOBLINS

The Revolting Rose story, characters and illustrations are © Icarus "Icky" Spriggins. All characters are fictional and any resemblance to real people is unintentional.

If you find yourself enjoying the story, feel free to hit that like button, but if you feel anything could be improved I would love to hear your thoughts. 

Chapters were not written with Wattpad format in mind, so I have had to divide them into smaller parts for Wattpad. Please forgive the confusing part/chapter numbers. I have tried to break them up without damaging the flow of the story.

Cover image and illustrations are all drawn by me (Icky Spriggins). If you like the scribbling that I do, feel free to check out my work on Wordpress @ revoltingworks.wordpress.com.

Notes on Pronunciation of Names:

If you're curious, but don't feel pressured to get them "right". The characters certainly don't.

Places:

Tyrunvern - Ty-run-vern

Amphelius - Am-feel-i-us

Drakanyuur - Drak-an-yur

Races:

Tyvern - Ty-vern

Wyverkiiri - Why-ver-ki-ri

Amphoerix - Am-feer-ix

Drakuur - Drak-ur

Characters:

Pagne - Like Champagne, either 'Pain' for the snotty among you, or 'Pag-Nay' for more grounded individuals. Pan-ya like Lasagne works also. Tyvern in the story would use Pain, Wyverkiiri would use Pan-ya. Zaech uses Pag-Nay to irritate him. Pagne would use Pain.

Zaech - Zeesh as in 'Yeesh, not him again'.

Skarra - Skah-rah. Also responds to 'coo' like any good pigeon.

Lord Kabech - Lord Cab-edge like a certain leafy vegetable

Mister Nibbs - Miyster Nyibz or Mister Nibs.

Saloonka - Sal-oong-kah

Duskerro - Dusk-err-oh

Vrye - Vrie. R can be rolled excessively if you're the sort of person that can do that. He certainly does.

Vasherri - Vash-er-ri

Ginolo - Gino-lo

Tonicolo - Ton-ic-o-lo

Alphonse - Al-phonz-E

Alphonso - Al-phonz-O

Feidai - Fay-day

Kyos - Ki-os

Ordena - Ord-een-a