Chapter 1

Previously

"So, David you were saying something special has found its way into your heart. Is it a person or sumn? Nice little snow bunny? Then again there aren't many of those down here." I look at my idiot brother and roll my eyes.

Why is he always so ignorant?

"Well, yes it's a person, and no, she's no snow bunny. She's a beautiful melanin  woman."

"Aye! Look at Dave! Never knew you for that type but gone head player, it is popping over here." Once again I roll my eyes and Teddy laughs.

"Yeah, I love her with all my heart." The table nods and in that moment, is when I was scared for the safety of US.

"I'm in love with Keisha." The whole table stares wide eyed at him and so do I. This wasn't planned! With the crowd frozen, I find it as my time too speak up.

"He's not alone, I'm in love with David Michelson. This is the man that is the cause of the smiles." Still, speechless.

Oh brother...

Keisha POV

"Soo...you and Dave...y'all been kicking it?" Deon asks and Ma slaps him on the back of the head.

"Well, I guess you can say that...it started at the beginning of the school year, but didn't really get serious until maybe 2 or 3 months in." I shrug and David stands there awkwardly too.

"What she said, I mean no disrespect Mr and Mrs White, but I can't go back in time to change anything. Its just how I feel-how we feel." David says and my father let's his head down with a sigh.

"I personally love the combination, although I don't like how it came about and how you kept it secret from us. You two were really good."

"Thanks." I punch David in the ribs for agreeing with my brother. His approval didn't matter, Ma and Dad's did.

"Dad?" I say, hoping he wouldn't go crazy over this.

"Baby girl...you know I love you and I would do anything to see you happy. I never wish too see you grow up so fast. I never knew you would hide something like this away from us. I'm disappointed, I really am. I feel as though I failed a little, but I approve. David, if there is anyone in this world that I believe you will take care of my baby girl. Luckily you earned my respect early on in our relationship, otherwise me and my son would have you hanging right now," I giggle seeing David's face turn a little pale, "But as I said, I approve and the offer still lies on the table if you hurt my baby, just saying. It's clear in your eyes you two love each other, I just want too be sure everything goes right."

"Of course sir, your daughter is in good hands."

"Ma?"

"Oh look at my baby! She's growing up, got her a man and everything! Oh I can't wait for grandbabies!"

"Ma!"

"Hold Up! Ain't no damn grandbabies coming out my baby! David you get my baby pregnant, I'm killing you!"

"Dad!" "Michael!"

"I'm dead serious." Dad says with an innocent shrug.

"No worries Mr White, I don't plan on giving you grandbabies any time soon." That was a lie, knowing him.