1

Marinette woke up on the floor. She wondered how on earth she got there, and got up. She checked the time on her phone, it was pretty early. For the first time in forever, she might be on time for school. Marinette got ready and headed downstairs while Tikki, her kwami, hid in her bag.

"Morning dear," Her mother, Sabine said.

"Morning mom." Marinette replied.

Marinette made herself breakfast and hugged her mother goodbye. She ran downstairs and hugged her dad goodbye next, then ran to the school. Marinette wasn't watching where she was going so she bumped into something and fell backward. She closed her eyes, ready for the impact but seconds passed and nothing happened. Marinette opened her eyes slowly to reveal a boy with jet black hair and brown eyes holding her.

"Are you alright?" The boy asked. He seemed about her age and still hadn't let Marinette go. She nodded in response, hoping he would let go soon. He helped her stand up properly and let go. "I'm Adam. What's your name?" He introduced.

"Ma-Marinette." She stuttered out. Why did I stutter?

"Marinette? A beautiful name. I guess I'll see you around then." Adam waved goodbye and walked in the other direction.

Marinette waved back, but then heard someone behind her, and she turned to see her best friend Alya. The ombré haired girl had a huge smirk.

"I saw everything! Who was he?" Alya asked suspiciously.

"No one, he just helped me." Marinette answered

"Adrien saw what happened and I think he was jealous~" Alya sang.

"W-what?" Her heart skipped a beat at the mention of her beloved Adrien, and she stood in front of Alya, in a daze.

"Girl, we got to get to class. Come on." Alya dragged Marinette inside the school to their class.

It was now lunch time, and Marinette couldn't help but overhear that there was a prince in Paris visiting. She walked outside and saw Adrien, but before she could wave Adam stood in front of her. Adam grabbed Marinette's hand and kneeled down and kissed it. It took her by surprise because only Chat Noir does that when she's Ladybug and Marinette. She looked at him blankly and he looked at her.

"Sorry about that my lady, it's just I need help getting to the Grand Paris hotel." He explained as he got up. Chat calls her 'my lady' when she's Ladybug. Seems suspicious....

"It's fine. You just reminded me of someone I know." Marinette assured him. She looked over behind Adam to see Adrien entering his limo. "I can show you the way to the Grand Palais hotel, but it's kind of my lunch break so we need to hurry." She explained.

The two started walking to Adam's destination, but then Marinette realized that Adam never let go of her hand. She pulled it away slowly, not wanting to be rude, and he realized his mistake. Adam apologized to her, but Marinette assured him that it was fine.

--

A/N: I know, very short first chapter, but I promise to make the next chapters longer (I hope). And again I'm sorry for the reference in the beginning, I just couldn't help myself :3.