Chapter 30

Bethany's pov. 

"Emily Rose Perry, stop where you are right now!" I call out loudly and she stops sprinting ahead. 

"Sorry mommy!" She calls out as I run and catch up to her. 

A little breathless, I stand next to her as she holds her hands up at me. I smile as I pick her up and she grins at me and kisses my cheek. 

"Mommy I love you lots!" She grins at me and I laugh as I walk towards the golden corridor leading to Her office. 

"I love you too," I say and she grins and kisses me on the cheek again. 

I smile as I look at Emily. I had found her when she was a young baby. You stopped growing when you died, and she was young. Barely one, but so clever than any vampire I had ever met. I had asked the moon goddess why she was here if she was a vampire. She was too young for her vampire side to be active. 

Vampires breed during their 'heated' moment. when they find their soulmate, they go through the heat phase. It's their chance to mate and have children but they only turn into a vampire when they die. Emily had died, but she was still in Afterworld. She never went back to the human world to live her life. The moon goddess said it might have been destined for us to meet. 

I looked after Emily as if she was my own. She calls me her mommy because she doesn't have anyone. 

"Mommy we here!" She claps her hand and she stretches in my arms and knocks on the door loudly. 

A soft angelic voice calls us in and I open the door as I put Emily onto the ground. She runs inside and I follow her. 

"Good morning," Emily says shyly as she climbs onto the chair. 

"Good morning, Child." The moon goddess replies back to her and Emily covers her face as she blushes. 

Before I could even say my good morning, The moon goddess started to talk. 

"I need you to go back to your family." She says in her soft voice. 

"What?" I ask, still standing up. 

"You will be going back to your pack today. You may take Emily with you, if you wish. Chloe will be arriving tonight and she will be hell bent on trying to destroy the pack. Jaxon has been weakened lately and he has been distracted. I need you to send her soul to the darkness. You may live the rest of your life with your family." The moon goddess explains to me. 

"Distracted? What do you mean distracted?" I ask as I cross my arms and look at her with a frown. 

For a whole year, I would check up on Jaxon and Oli. It was not good for me, personally. I felt emptiness every time I came back from visiting them. I would see them laughing and enjoying their time. I would see Eliza and Oli and I wanted to hug them both. I cried every night with Rachel for a whole year. I couldn't do that to myself anymore. I stopped visiting them and I found Emily one day. She was walking slowly in the corridor as I did my yearly visit to the moon goddess. She had recently died, the moon goddess had told me. I had simply picked her up and taken her home with me when the moon goddess said she had no family here. 

I did not visit them any longer. 

"He has been distracted with building new houses and looking after your son." She explains and I nod. 

"Are we seeing Oli?" Emily gasps as the moon goddess smiles at her. 

I would tell her stories of a brother she had living his best life on earth. She had always begged me to go and see them again so she could come with me but I had tried too hard to let that part of me go.