1~ Arrogant Beautiful Man

He was so beautiful.

I watched him enter the restaurant, his short black hair, dark eyes, and pale skin making him look so...attractive.

Attractive? No. No no no no no. I didn't find him attractive. He was a man, for Christ's sake.

Why was I there anyway? I shouldn't have even accepted the proposal, but what could I do? Nothing, that's what.

He walked towards my table cautiously, as if he was approaching a deer and didn't want it to run away. My eyes were fixated on him; I couldn't rip them away from his slim, high cheekbones and broad shoulders. He was indeed a creation of heaven. A hint of jealousy came over my thoughts, but it soon disappeared.

"Hi! Are you by any chance Derek?" He asked, his voice soft and soothing.

"Yeah! And you must be Haden," I said, fumbling to my feet.

I put my hand out and met his in a handshake. He sat down in front of me and crossed his legs as I studied the look on his face. He seemed pissed. He probably didn't want to be here either. Yeah, I could understand why. He was a man and I was a man, and this was not just any proposal. It was a marriage proposal.

Besides, why would he ever want to get married to a guy, let alone me? I wasn't particularly good looking, not compared to him. My brown eyes and sandy hair were no match for his looks.

He ordered wine and I ordered coffee. We sat awkwardly for several minutes, until he adjusted himself in his chair and leaned forward.

"Let's get one thing straight- I have no interest in you. I have no interest in men, period. I'm only here because if I didn't agree I'd lose more than half of my assets. And it seems that you're one of the people that my family chose for me to get married to," he said with a hint of disgust in his voice.

It felt as if someone had just pushed me off a cliff. I felt stupid for ever thinking that he was attractive. His rotten personally just destroyed his entire appearance.

I cleared my thoughts and leaned back in my chair. "Neither do I. Do you think that I'm here because I want to be here? So why don't we just do each other a favor and say that neither of us like each other. If we both decline there's nothing they can do," I said, trying hard to hide the hurt his words made me feel.

"It's agreed then," he replied, leaning back in his chair and smiling smugly.

So he was one of those guys. The type that probably thought very highly of himself, not that there was any reason he shouldn't. He was named one of the most eligible bachelors of the year and on top of having killer looks he was also rich, popular, and everything every guy wanted to be.

I hated him.

Yes, that's it, I hated him. I hated people like him, people who think that they're better than everyone else.

"So it's settled then, yes?" I said, and stormed out of the restaurant.