o n e

A/N
Story is under MAJOR editing and is still in process. To people reading again, some things have changed and to the new readers - there are some chapters that aren't finished and I still have yet to edit.

If you don't mind that, then continue.

Thank you & enjoy. :)

-

There was only genuine reason I was taking this shitty, low paying job and half the time I wasn't sure if it was worth it. My parents might've been apart of the middle class but that doesn't necessarily mean I am as well. To them I'm just a 17 year old in high school who's world revolves around forever 21 bags and nail polish. When really I just wanted a damn car to possibly get away from my new sudden problems.

The only good thing about this hell hole is that I get free chicken nuggets maybe a shake if the machine is working but as for the the cons, well that list could go on and on forever. Starting with the horny  prepubescent teenage boys staring at my chest the entire time. Most of the boys that strolled through here thought with their dicks half the time which resulted in very weird fore play conversation.

And then there were the weird old men who drive white vans with no windows except the two dark tinted ones in the back. The classic kidnapper van. It was hard to decide if they were actually predators or just driving the wrong car but I still didn't put my guard down.

I'm seriously giving someone permission to shoot me in the face at this point.

"Work the counter Vince! It's rush hour," Natalie shouts to me.

I slowly shuffle behind the counter with a silent but deep groan approaching the after church crowd. Sunday's were probably our second busiest days of the week, why everyone picked mcdonald's over a nice home cooked meal still surprised me.

Here goes another day of low paying work.

"Hi welcome to McDonald's, what can I get you for today?" I question plastering a fake smile on my face, I don't bother to look up at adjust the monitor.

"Mhmm, maybe your number."

I slowly glance at the group of teenagers behind the counter. Although they all seemed about my age they chuckled amongst each other like pubescent boys.

I tightly smile back, "How about a life?"

Their laughs simmer at my response.

"I hear the same line eight times a day, so far no ones gotten lucky so let's move this along."

"Well I haven't ask yet," Another speaks up from the back, he pushes his way towards the front and leans against the counter staring over to me, "Hey sweetheart, the names Swazz, and you are..."

"Working," I mutter gripping the top of the monitor, "Are you ordering or not?"

"That's weird, I don't see you on the dessert menu," Another chimes in, he fixed the hair under his hat before placing it back on.

An item? It made perfect sense for these boys to think nothing more of me than a dessert item.

I chew on the inside of my cheek suppressing the pressure of lashing out for the time being wasted. I was already twenty seconds over my order time, I haven't been working here long enough to be fired yet, it would definitely put a dent in my work record. I need this job as much as I do shit on it, I can't be run out by sexist assholes and their typical sexist bullshit.

"I'm sorry, your time seems to be up," I tightly smile eyeing each person in front of me, "Next!"