Prologue

I am getting married. It is unbelievable. More so, because I am getting married to the man I love. Something which always seemed like a distant dream. I've never had a boyfriend. No one interested me enough to be in a relationship with them. I always dreamt of finding that special someone who would sweep me off my feet.

I know he is the one for me. My soul mate. I love him more than I have ever loved anyone. And the irony is, I haven't even managed to utter a single word in his presence. It is an arranged marriage but I fell in love with him the moment I looked into his eyes. Those enchanting, black as the darkest night, shining, mesmerising eyes. I never believed in love at first sight, but all it took, was one look, one moment and my world stopped. All I could see was him. All I could feel was him. That moment is something I will never forget. It felt like I have been waiting my entire life for that moment. As if it was meant to happen. Like there was nothing more correct than that moment that I was living.

I immediately said yes for the marriage. I know, logically I should have gone out with him on a couple of dates like I originally decided, before meeting him, but I know that there can never be anyone else for me. I already gave him my heart on a silver platter when I looked into his eyes. Though a part of me is apprehensive regarding how he would handle it. Just because I love him doesn't mean he would be perfect. He could turn out to be a very horrible man. But the fact that he was invited to my house by my parents meant that he already had their approval. My parents would make sure that I marry the right man. They love me too much to marry me off to a random stranger. I had never met any one special till that point in my life, so when my parents suggested Chauhan uncles son, I agreed to meet him. But nothing could have prepared me for the assault of his eyes.

His name is Dr. Aditya Singh Chauhan. He is the son of my father's friend. I met his parents a couple of times in the yearly get together parties of my father and his friends but I never met him. He never attended any party. He was not a social person. He just completed his post graduation from the topmost medical college and hospital of the country. He already started his practice in his home town a month back. He is a very dedicated doctor. And that makes me admire him even more. However, I had a feeling that he is not a believer of love and I was going to have a tough time in the initial year of my marriage. My fears proved to be true when he called me and said that he wanted to talk to me before our engagement. I had a feeling that it wouldn't turn out to be good. And I was correct.

He said,'I am looking for a partner to spend my life with. Someone who will understand me and my profession. You seem to fit the criteria. I don't like anyone interfering in my life. Since we are getting married I will have to get used to you invading my personal space but don't push your luck too much. I am a strightforward guy and I don't beat around the bush so I may seem rude at times but you will have to deal with it. My profession and my family are my number one priority. I am not a hearts and flowers kind of a guy and the only kind of love I believe in is the the one that I share with my family. If you want someone to love you and fall at your feet then I am not the one for you. But if you have no problem with whatever I said, we will get married in 3 months. I will give you the respect you deserve as my wife but don't expect any confessions of love'.

I just nodded my head in a yes and left. I didn't know what to say. On one side, I was heartbroken that he didn't feel the same for me but on the other side, my respect for him increased as he had the decency to tell me what I should expect from him before we got engaged so that I could make an informed choice.
But I have already fallen in love with him. I know for a fact that I will never love another with the same passion. I am not going to take any chances with him. I decided that I will have to do the whole sweeping off your feet thing. He won't know what hit him. If he is dominating then I am determined. He may look like a difficult person, but the difficult ones fall the hardest. And I am determined to make him fall for me.

My name is Dr. Noor and this is the story of my marriage.

*****

A/N: This is my first time writing a story. I know, prologue seems very serious but the story does have a fair share of light moments. Please continue reading and enjoy :)

Also, I do not own any of the pictures and give credit solely to the owner.