Chapter 12 : Shoot!

AMANDA'S POV

I tried my best to walk with ease and not mess up the white dress I was wearing. I felt grateful for not being on my periods as that could've spoiled such a lovely dress and my mood could go from 10 to 0 real quick. I always dreamed about uncertain things like what would happen if the penis spilled off blood monthly but my thoughts were irrelevant, of course.

I tussled up my gown and caught it firmly from my thighs pushing it a bit up so I could walk comfortably. I walked steadily towards Mr. Reynolds's cabin. It took me great efforts to walk in the long maxi dress. The lower material of the gown tangled up with my heels which caused my balance to shake every time I advanced my feet in the process of walking.

Finally, after reaching Mr. Reynolds's cabin, I asked for permission. "Can I, sir?" I had no power to go back again and re-ask for permission.

"Come in Miss Waters ", he was struggling with his tie too. I opened the door carefully and marched in, Mr. Reynolds looked more than perfect in his grey suit which he paired over a sky blue shirt. His dense dark blue eyes reflected the color of his shirt. His dark brown hair has partly highlighted a shade of blonde, precisely the upper part of his spikes.

He didn't look at me as he was busy wearing his tie. He went towards the mirror after a while and modeled for some tiny seconds and then unfolded the tie and threw it towards the chair. He opened the top buttons of his shirt and looked at himself for a while and smirked. He looked extremely sexy, and I couldn't control my amorousness which arose within me.

He turned around towards me and we had the strangest eye contact. Our gazes locked with each other and no one amongst us dared to look away. It felt like I was stargazing, in a night where only the best stars twinkled. I was the first one to look around after an awkward moment. Mr. Reynolds yet stared at me, his eyeballs twirled around my body from, head to toe. I felt uncomfortable because a part of my cleavage was visible.

"You -you look p-p-p ", he was stammering on the word p. My mind revolved around all the adjectives which could begin with the alphabet p, the first which came to my mind was pretty. He looked towards me again and continued "Different, you look very different Miss Waters". I knew that saying the word 'pretty' was something he'd never do plus all kind of amazing adjectives weren't a part of his dictionary.

"You look different too Mr. Reynolds ", I returned the compliment which was not even a compliment but maybe it was kind of some good word in our extremely formal world.

"Don't mess up", I knew it was coming.

"I know! I won't", I assured. "But since I have no idea about this modeling thing, it may take some time for me to register it in my mind", I continued after pulling my off shouldered dress up.

"Go with the flow ", he reassured. I nodded along and waited for him to come beside me or at least a bit close so that we could move on together towards the ground floor auditorium, when he was close enough I started walking along after catching my gown a bit upward again.

We were in the hallway walking towards the elevator silently. No one amongst us uttered any word. I was struggling with the dress and I knew that this problem could be only sorted if my balance was proper. When some baby hair rested on my temple, I let go of the grip of my hands over the dress and tried moving the unnecessary strands of it backward without spoiling the hairstyle much.

Suddenly, the extra-long gown rolled through my toes because of the flare, I couldn't balance myself because of which there was a sudden call of gravity flow from the floor to my body. I was about to fall and desolate everything but something good happened, I was sheltered from my stomach through Mr. Reynolds's hands, they had a firm grip over me. He twisted his hands and bounced me back through his right hand whilst catching from the left.