Only a Little Bit Dead

Peter woke up to hear a voice. It was Wade, he was lying on the bed next to Peter, as he stared up at the ceiling and said something about tacos. Peter tried to get in a sassy remark but only ended up making a pitiful groaning sound. Wade sat up quickly, leaning over him.
"Hey sunshine. Welcome back to the world of the living. How you feeling?" Wade asked
"Only a little bit dead." Peter rasped out recalling their previous conversation and Wade laughed. Wade helped Peter sit up a little, making soothing noises when Peter whimpered. Wade reached over and picked up a glass from the bedside table, helping Peter to take little, slow sips from the glass.
"You were banged up pretty bad baby boy." Wade said his tone laced with hardness and Peter recognised the edge to his words and he tensed a little.
"Nothing too major. Hey, at least I get a few free sick days." Peter said with a nervous laugh that faded away quickly when Wade didn't join in.
"Name." Wade said and Peter bit his lip anxiously, he didn't like this.
"Wade, it's fine, I wasn't that hurt." Peter said and Wade looked at him.
"For a moment there I was worried I'd never see those baby blues of yours ever again." Wade said softly before he hardened again with steely determination "I'm not letting that happen again. Tell me the name or I'll find out my own way Peter. " Wade said and Peter looked away, fully aware the Wade could and would find out easily.
"He called himself Crawler. But it doesn't matter, I got him, he's locked up Wade, he won't hurt me again." Peter said hoping to calm him.
"Damn right he won't hurt you again." Wade said and Peter watched as he picked up a duffle bag that Peter knew contained his weapons and his Deadpool outfit.
"Please, Wade, please don't. Please." Peter begged and though Wade slowed his actions a little, he didn't stop. His hand was on the door handle when Peter blurted it out.
"Please don't leave me alone. I don't wanna be alone." He said his voice thick. Wade stopped, standing frozen.
"Please. Please, just, just sit with me? Just talk to me? Please?" Peter asked praying to a god he didn't believe in that he could convince Wade not to do this. Of course, everything he said was true, he really didn't want to be left alone, but he also hated the idea of Wade killing somebody for him. He knew what Wade did, knew he killed people, he was a mercenary for hire, but Peter also knew the effect, the toll it had on Wade. Peter had been there for nightmares, he'd been there after the occasional break down, he'd heard about how sometimes Wade just refused missions for no apparent reason (Usually Peter later found out there were kids or a family involved). He didn't want Wade to suffer, even if it was only the slightest of regrets, he didn't want to be the cause of any of his pain. Wade hesitated a moment longer, turning to look at Peter who lifted a hand towards him, a gesture that asked him to stay.
"Please." Peter said and Wade lifted his hand from the door, slowly dropping the duffle bag from his shoulder and moving towards the bed. He slowly climbed onto the bed, laying out next to Peter who smiled and let out a relieved breath. Peter gently shifted himself so that he could lay his head on Wade's chest. Wade threaded his fingers through Peter's hair and looked at him with warmth.
"What am I gonna do with you? Huh, baby boy?" Wade murmured softly and Peter closed his eyes as Wade began to talk, letting his voice lull him into a deep sleep.