1 | Superwoman

FLOATING in between two skyscrapers, a tall, black-haired female was facing off against a man who went by the name General Zod

"Tell me... What has always questioned you Kalura? Is it the feeling you will never fit in? Never being loved. Feeling like a freak?" Zod asked as Jessica clenched her hands into tight fists.

The general noticed, taking pleasure at the anger he was causing. "Join me Kalura, we can rule over this world together, make a new Krypton." He suggested, holding his hand out for her to take if she made the decision. Oh, she knew better, no matter what the people of earth put her and her brother through... No way in hell was she going to cause innocent people pain.

"No wonder why they locked you away... you're unstable." She scoffed.

Zod's chest puffed out. "Well... I thought you would cooperate better than your brother, but I guess I was wrong." He snapped as Jessica narrowed her eyes at him. Zod flew at Jessica with sound-breaking speed, tackling her through glass buildings and down to the street. "You'll never know true power until you wake up." Zod snarled, holding Jessica's throat tighter. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Wake up, you're going to be late for work."

"What?"

"Jessica! Wake your ass up!" Perry shouted causing Jessica to bolt straight up in her chair.

"I'm up! I wasn't asleep!" She blurted with the letters K, W, and M embedded on her skin.

"Good God, Kent, were you here all night?" He asked, crossing his arms. Jessica rubbed her eyes, trying to rid herself of her exhaustion. Piles of papers clouded her desk showing how much Perry put on her or rather, how much she tends to put on herself.

"No... I just closed my eyes for a few minutes." She mumbled as Perry rolled his eyes.

"Yes, a few minutes, that explains why you're wearing the same clothes from yesterday, your hair's a mess, and the small puddle of drool that's on the keyboard." He explained with his arms crossed.

Jessica adjusted her glasses in embarrassment, she would never be caught dead in the same clothes and Perry knew that. It was something that showed unprofessionalism in Jessica's mind. She sighed, running her hand through her hair. "Perry look, yes I was here, I was trying to push in some more articles, and I fell asleep." She lied while wiping the drool off her cheek.

Perry pursed his chapped lips. "Go home Kent."

"No." She declined. "Clark was supposed to wake me up."

"Your gender-bend isn't here."

Jess paused. "What do you mean Clark isn't here?" She whipped her head around to see her beanstalk of a twin brother was nowhere in sight. "Did Lois come back?"

"She did."

"Wait..." Jess paused. "She was in, uh, Africa. She wasn't supposed to come back until next week."