21: By Damon's Side

~This is it guys. The last chapter of BOOK 2. My heart...💔💔 It didn't take long to finish this, and the support has been great. I hope all of you follow onto BOOK 3. Follow me and keep this book in your library or archives cause I will upload a "chapter"/update after this when the sequel is posted. Another meesage at the bottom as usual. Happy reading, babes 😊😙💋

GOAL: 21 VOTES & 5 COMMENTS

Chapter Twenty-One

Elena had forced both Jeremy and I out of the house. I had texted Stefan that we were in town square for the movie they were hosting there on the lawn. I was hoping he'd join me. I just wanted to be with him all day everyday. Maybe I was a bit dependent on him right now, but I was also very vulnerable. I knew what I said I wanted, but it was going to take some time, dealing with myself. My head was all types of screwed up.

"You brought me to see a girl movie," Jeremy complained.

"We all had to get out of the house, Jeremy," Elena replied, carrying a blanket. "This is our three-hour distraction from reality."

"Is that what we're doing? Pretending our lives aren't screwed?" Jer scoffed.

"We need to do this, okay?" Elena asked, as we all stopped walking. "Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up and do it all over again...until one day, it's just not as hard anymore."

She began unfolding the blanket and Jeremy helped her place it down. I agreed with what Elena said. I was determined to just force myself through everyday until things started to feel better, until they were easier. "Hey. There you guys are," Caroline grinned coming over with two picnic baskets. "Who's hungry?"

"Are we really doing this?" I complained.

"Yes, we are really doing this," Caroline said. Yes, I needed to push myself through everyday and not sulk but I didn't want to watch this movie again. Instead I wanted to be cuddled in Stefan's arms, sleeping. "Yeah, we're going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war. I know you guys went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire...so basically, it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere."

I shrugged, I guess that's one way to think about it. Jeremy and I dropped beside the two girls already on the blanket. "All right, what are we eating?" Jer sighed.

"Something good," Care assured. I pulled out my phone and checked to see if Stefan got back in touch with me and...no, he didn't. I refrained from texting or calling him, deciding that he'll get back to my original text eventually. He was probably busy right now or something. What did I know?

***

"Hey," Stefan greeted, walking over with a smile.

"Hey," I grinned back while everyone else just smiled at us, mainly Caroline.

"Look who couldn't resist an epic romance," Elena teased.

"Actually, I couldn't resist my beautiful girlfriend," he retorted, sitting down in front of me. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, placing a small kiss on his lips. "Hi, babe."

"Hey, handsome," I sighed in content. He pulled away from me and properly greeted Care, Jer, and Elena before looking at me.

"Will you come take a walk with me?" He asked and I tilted my head in confusion. I nodded at him and he helped me up. We walked hand in hand down the crowded lawn.

"We're breaking the rules you know. Movie night's supposed to be a distraction. Tomorrow we can return to our regularly-scheduled drama," I told him as he pulled me to the side.