Chapter 7

"2nd place! 2nd freaking place!" I exclaim, dramatically dropping down onto my knees.

"HA! Just proves cyborgs the best at mario kart!" Cyborg says, a smug smile on his face.

"I. Demand. A rematch." I say slowly, trying to intimidate him. But unfortunately, he was to cocky to notice.

"You got it, girl. If I win, you get to make me bacon" Cyborg says, drooling just at the thought of bacon. "If I win, you have to dance in a pink tutu infront of the whole team" I say, making him look at me as if I was crazy.

"Are you crazy!? I am NOT going through that again. Last time I wore a tutu, we were fighting a magician who turned me into a bear WITH A PINK TUTU!!" Cyborg yells, right at my face.

"Is that admitting defeat I hear?" I ask, making him glare at me while he harshly grabbed his controller.

"Your so on." He tells me, making me laugh.

Just as he hit the play button, a calling icon appeared on the screen. The caller ID below it read 'police'.

"Maybe another time, (N/N), the cops are calling" he says, sighing in relief. I groaned at the nickname and at the fact that We couldn't play the game.

He answered the call and a cop appeared on the screen. He was about to open his mouth to speak when I put a finger infront of him, signalling him to stop.

I reach down into my pocket and grabbed the Titan communicator. I opened it and started speaking.

"Hey guys, too lazy to get off the couch and call you all from your rooms so come here at the living room. Cops are calling" I say, closing it without waiting for a response.

In no less than 5 minutes, the rest of the team entered the living room and sat down on the couch.

The cop looked at me, as if asking he could speak. I nodded my head and he exhaled before speaking.

"Well, um. There's some news on the metal ball..., it opened" he explained making us all widen our eyes. "WHAT!?" We all shouted in unison. "But you told us it was impossible!" Beast boy yelled, moving his arms around.

"It just opened this morning. Just like that. We don't know why, but there was a red Jewel inside of it. Along with a cane. We don't know what it's fo-- HEY! GET BACK HERE!" The cop yelled, and the screen blacked out.

"A red Jewel? A cane? I think I know who we're dealing with." Cyborg says, standing up.

"Mad Mod" everyone but me said in unison.

"Soo... Your telling me, that this 'Mad Mod' trapped you in a school of optical illusions and tried to destroy the 4th of July by making everything British and turning Robin old?" I ask them. They all nod making me grimace.

"He's not the youngest person around either, is he?" "Yeah, he even tried to hypnotise us!" Beast boy says, making me jump and hit my head on the roof of the T car.

"Yeah, the hypnotising that you always fell for" Raven added in making everyone snicker.

"Robin, what are we to do once we get to our destination?" Starfire asked Robin, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"I don't know, that's what we're going to find out" He replies.

In no less than 10 minutes, we were outside the Police station. The door that led inside the station was blasted open making me think the cause of the explosion was that 'Mad Mod' they were talking about.

"Soo.. Bad news?" Beast boy says, his face full of uncertainty. "Yup" Robin replies, making us all sigh and groan.

••

The group of Titans entered the police station through the new, blasted entrance somebody created. They all walked towards the sheriff's office when the same cop that called them at the tower appeared infront of them.

"Thank God, You're here! A man with pinkish red hair just destroyed the front entrance and stole the gem and cane!!" He exclaimed, making the 6 titans all widen their eyes.

"He was here?!" Cyborg said, shouting at the cop.

"Y-yes. Before he escaped, he said to tell you to go to this address. We tried to track it down and found out it was in a museum but when we entered, there was no trouble." He explained.

"Mad mod is a tricky guy. He likes to play with people's minds. But don't worry, we've got this" Robin said, making the rest of the team nod in agreement.

The cop merely nodded before scurrying off.

While the team was discussing plans and ways to stop mad mod from anything too serious, (Y/N) couldn't help but feel excited. It was her first actual mission after all. The Cinderblock issue didn't really count as a mission because it ended easily.

"(Y/N), are you listening?" Robin said, snapping the daydreaming girl out of her trance. She blinked a few times before nodding, making Robin go back to explaining.

'This is going to be fun' she thought, secretly smiling.