Chapter 48

The days went on. My wounds got better and the investigation for my kidnapped seem to have no lead. Aiden and I decided that we would get married March. Almost 2 and then some months away.

Daniel and Ellena decided to leave and would come back when we picked a wedding date. Ellena seemed a little down with having to leave. I told once again that she was more than welcome to come to Dallas and pursue her dream of teaching. I told Aiden about it and we welcome her with open arms. She seems as she would truly think about it.

Gabriel also left a few days later, saying he had long overdue his vacation but would also come back for the wedding.

During this time Aiden hired a cook. Miss Ana. She was a middle age women, a few grey hairs on her head. I, at first, felt alittle weary of her. She always seem to watch me. I told Aiden of this but he simply said I was just still alittle off because of my kidnapping.

I didn't totally but thought it could be. The days flew by each day my wounds were getting better. Amelia was growing bigger and she would start to speak gibberish.

It was Thursday night I and Aiden was still at work so I decided to go with my mom.

She'd be out by 7 so I have enough time to go over there and talk alittle it's been a while since we had just us time.

I know she talked with Aiden regarding my childhood and they both seem to be looking out for my best interest right now.

I knocked on the door once we bofore opening it. "Mamma?" I called out.

"In my room." She yells back.

I walk to the her small bedroom. I find her laying on the bed resting. I get on the bed and lay down like I used to, but not Amelia rested between us.

"Did you eat already?" I asked my mom.

"No," She sighs " I'm a little tried to get up right now."

"I'll cook you something." I get off of the bed and go to the kitchen, leaving Amelia with my mom.

I'm thinking of making her macaroni, beacon and broccoli in one. I saw the recipe a few days ago.

Since we don't have different varity of foods like in Aiden's house. I get what we have a cook.

A hour later we are sitting together in the dining table eating. I catch my mom glancing at me every once in a while.

She looked like she wanted to ask me a question but seems to scared.

"Mom?" I call to her she wants to say something might as well give her a push of encouragement.

She a takes a deep breathe before speaking, " Would you mind if I start to date?"

I furrow my eyebrows. She would date someone? She would truly trust someone to let someone in?

"I...umm.. Where did this come from?" I ask her.

"It's just I see how you are happy and thought maybe it was time I could have my chance." Mom explains.

"Well... Your old enough and if you're happy with him then go for it. Do I atleast know him?"

She nods.

"Will I met him eventually?"

She nods again.

I let out a laugh. I'm happy for her, she deserves happiness and more.

I don't question anything for hopefully work out.

******

The days seem to pass by. Everyday was just like the day before except I got better each day. Aiden would check my wounds everyday, progress was slow but surely. We began with ideas for the wedding. If time however it would be a small affair. Only family and close friends would be present.

I would spend my time with Amelia and Mrs. Knight. My mom would work most of the time she said it was to save enough money to save to take off days to babysit Amelia while Aiden and I go to our honeymoon.

I blush.

Aiden spend most of his time at work but when he has free time he tries his hardest to be with us.

There are days when he seems really stress. I would ask but he would simply shake his head.

Two months have pass since the incident and nothing has come up. No clue to who it may have been or why they did it. Nothing about Zac has come up. It all just seems weird.

The positive side is that my feet have gotten better. I could begin to walk not for long but something was an improvement.

Right now I was sitting in the backyard with Amelia on a ivory blanket. I run my fingers through her beautiful curls. I watch as she plays with toys that everyone bought her.

I smile as I realize she's growing before my eyes she is soon to be one year old. She may not be mine by blood but she is my daughter by other means.

As if sensing my gaze of her, she turns her face towards me. Gifting me a somewhat toothless smile.

I laugh. " I love you."

She furrows her eyebrows as if wanting to say something but doesn't know correctly. She's lately been trying to speak but only gibberish comes out.

She opens and closes her mouth before spitting out a word.

"Mama."

I do what anyother person would do. I scream.

"Lisa. Lisa! What's wrong?" Aiden's drift towards me. He comes out of the house into the backward looking frantic. He lost his tie and his hair looks dismantled.

He comes running towards me.

"What's wrong?" Concern and fear rest on face. Fear?

I point a finger at Amelia. "She just called me 'mama'!"

A wide smile comes to my face.

"What!" Aiden yells, a big smile also finding it's way to his face.

We turn back to Amelia to speak again but she simply grins at Aiden. Drool coming out of the corner of her mouth.

"Can you say daddy?" Aiden ask Amelia who chooses to ignore him and crawl to way into his lap. She's been taking a few step but not much.

Aiden sits her correctly on his lap before turning to face me.

"How do you feel?" He ask me.

"Great I can walk more and wear shoes. They're still a little sensitive but they're getting better." Aiden takes one of my feet, checking it out.

"They're getting better, definitely." I giggle as he kisses my toes.

"How's work?"

"Great." Aiden lies. I can clearly see the stress on his face but choose to run my fingers over his face. He leans into my touch.

"I have news for you," Aiden states while playing with Amelia. I nod my head. "Mother said she has everything set and that with the progress your making we can get married in 2 week time."

I laugh before leaning in and planting a big kiss on his face.

I'm going to officially become Mrs. Lisa Knight.

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hello yall,

I know it's been a long time since I've updated but I'm here now and my goal is to finish this book this summer. To hopefully start a new book. I have planned to start a new one but not sure when as of right now since I have yet to finish The Forbidden and Capture me.

But time will tell. I also would like to give a shout out to

Swimming102030

Please check out her book.
Until next time.

-Later, lastinlove❤