one last thing||him

||him||

    the only thing that made professor columbus's science and technology lectures tolerable was the fact that carolyn summers sat infront of me making it impossible to listen to the old man's blabbing. she always sat hunched over her desk, her loose braid falling over her shoulder, getting in the way of her pencil which was furiously scribbling down notes as he talked. while everybody blinked back sleep and barely managed to make their scribbled notes readable she sat there with all her determination and pure glorified awesomeness. 

   admittedly, I could have sat down next to her, I had arrived early (not as early as her mind you, but early enough to have the pick of any seat) but whenever I was around her some invisible force always seemed to be turning me into a bumbling fool (more so then I already am) who couldn't say words with more then four syllables.

       professor columbus wrapped up the lecture after what seemed like a enternity. admittedly I had not listened to a word he said and his voice had been more of a background buzz then a educational speech. 

          the sound of students leaving immediately followed. I lingered, watching as discreetly as I could as she put her pencil and notebook in a book bag and tucked a stray chestnut hair behind her ear.

            talk to her syd... just effing talk to her

            "bye," I said.. well whispered actually. 

             she, of course didn't hear and embarassment stopped me from repeating it. I watched hopelessly as she left the classroom while I still sat pathetically in my desk, hoping to catch a faint whiff of her cinnamon scent.

              "problem sydney?" professor columbus asked, he sat at his desk staring at me, one eyebrow raised in question.

                   "no, sir," I said rather lamely as I got up. right as I was about to leave the classroom he stopped me.

                      "one last thing sydney." 

                      "yes, sir?"

                        "maybe you should stop sitting behind carolyn summers. it seems she is distracting you from class."

                       "okay sir," I left the classroom, my ears and cheeks pinker then a little girl's bedroom.

━━ᘠ♥ᘡ━━