XXII

Emperor's Death

I was in the middle of my own night patrol after I left the banquet when I detected a hostile aura although it didn't come from only one person but many people. My hyper intuition was buzzing quite strongly, I immediately headed straight to my father's chambers.

Too late.

My eyes widened in surprise as I opened the door. There standing were two people, my father and...Soo-Won. I gasped in shock as my father was stabbed straight to the chest and fell to the floor. 

"F-father!" I cried out as I approached his body which was soon losing all its warmth.

"Oh...you're still awake, Princess Yona?" Soo-Won's cold and harsh voice shocked me even more. 

I clenched tightly the part of the cloth where my heart was located and took a deep breath to calm myself. Calm yourself. This isn't the first time you've seen a dead body. My father may have been heartlessly murdered but at least it was a swift one. I said to myself.

I would have cried out to my own cruel thoughts if I had remained the same but the mafia...the mafia changes you, whether you like it or not. I prayed to the dragon gods for my father's soul before I stood up to face Soo-Won.

"Soo-Won, why did you kill him?" I asked.