Chapter 4: Capital C for Crazy

It's been hours on the road and I lost signs of society long ago. Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' was blaring through the speakers as I drove down the almost empty highway. I was surrounded by desert and I wasn't quite sure where I was going but I wasn't going to sit around cluelessly. I heard a ruffle in the seat next to me causing me to snap my head over to my right. He was just sitting there. Just staring at me moving along with the bumpy road. I was confused and for a second I felt lightheaded. His stare turned into complete concern as he shouted 

"Dean!" looking over to the other side of the road. I looked away from him and noticed I was swerving over into the other lane almost driving off the road into a ditch. I quickly switched back into my lane and pulled over. I looked back to the passenger’s side and saw that it was empty. I sat there not really knowing what to do or what to say because none of it made sense. 

"Cas?" I asked looking around, "Cas!" I shouted while getting out of the car. I stormed around hoping that was really him. I look back at the still empty car and gulped. I looked into the sky frowning. 

"What the hell is going on?" I asked and shook my head as I walked back to the Impala and rested my forearms on it. I held my head in my hands and sighed. 

"I don't even know where I'm going" I scoffed to myself. I looked around once more and stepped into the Impala. 'Who can I call?' I thought to myself going through my contact list. 'Garth?' I thought feeling some sort of hope. 'It was not only worth a try but sort of my only option right now.' I dialed Garth's number and it shortly rang before I received the most obnoxious voicemail I've ever heard in my ridiculous life. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone not even slightly amused. I revved up the engine and continued down the road turning up the music. ‘I was alone, looking for my brother, a prophet and his mother who was taken for business as well as entertainment purposes. To make it worse, I'm hallucinating about seeing someone I left in purgatory who has been giving me nightmares for weeks and just when I thought I could possibly get over it; he just appears.' I gripped the wheel in frustration. I pulled over again. I rested my forehead against the steering wheel for a good minute. I sat up and slammed my fist against the steering wheel. I sobbed and held my head with one hand. 

"Drive Dean, drive" I told myself as I began switching gears. I rolled onto the highway with the window down. 'You're going to find Sammy. You always do.' I told myself and listened to radio as the heat from the sun began to die down and the night wind slowly made its way in. 'But Cas...' I thought. I shook off the thought and looked back at the road, 'I promised I'd get him out and I will'.