Chapter 20

"Everything is okay, Cherry," Jaxon assures me as we sit in his office. He had personally gone around his territory to see if there were any threats to the border. 

There were no problems. No threats. 

"I just have this feeling that he is coming," I whisper softly. 

Jaxon holds his hand out to me and I take it. He lifts me up and he wraps his arms around my waist, swaying me slowly to no music. 

"You're too worked up," he mumbles softly as I lay my head against his chest and he holds on to me. 

"Do you think I can try on you? Maybe it will be different," I ask and I feel him nod as he rests his chin on top of my head and hugs me. 

I have mastered the power enough for me not to think too much about it. With a single touch, I can search the mind of another. 

I dive into Jaxon's mind as we sway side to side. Images of a young boy crying in a cave flash in my mind. I close my eyes tightly as I see pictures of two people dead on the ground, covered in blood. My mind pulls me away from the images and I see Jaxon and myself dancing in his office. Present. I dive deeper into his mind until I hit a white door. I push it open as I feel him tightening his hands around me. 

The world is burning. People were dying, and Jaxon's wolf form was running through the bodies. I could see Logan on the ground with Lucas. I could see my mum burning the world, and my dad ripping heads off bodies. 

I pull out of his mind and slam the door shut. 

"What is it? It felt like something was crawling in my mind." Jaxon asks as I look up at him. 

"I think we need to call my dad. All I can see in everyone's future is the fight, the war. I don't want us to be unprepared." I sigh as I pull away. I run a hand over my hair as I look at him. "The best thing we can do is go to dad's territory." I face the wall as I try to think of a plan. "I mean it's the biggest and the closest. Plus no one knows about your territory. We should all be together." 

I feel Jaxon wrap his arms around my waist and he leans down to kiss my mark. "Do not worry, Cherry. I'll call your dad, and we'll be there in a few days. I'll take half of my best pack warriors with us. The rest will be here to protect the pack." He kisses my neck, "Whatever you're feeling, just know I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." He turns me around and I look up at him. 

"Everything is going to be okay." He reassures me and I nod as he smiles at me. Jaxon pulls away and heads to the office phone to ring dad. 

Everything is going to be okay. 

The words float in my mind as I try to push away the only worry I have. 

I was not in any of the future visions I had seen. 

**

It had been a day since Jaxon had talked to dad. The conversation had been simple. 

Cole, Beth thinks something is wrong and she can sense it. I think the best- 

What do you mean she can sense it? Get your ass down here then. Skylar! We have to warn everyone! The prick might be coming sooner than we thought. 

And the phone call had ended. I had laughed as Jaxon muttered that he loved being part of the crazy family. I had simply told him you are crazy as well that is why you have been accepted into it.

Jaxon had called Kyle and Ryan to the office and told them to get ready and to leave Zach here. Zach was the one who would be in charge if Kyle and Ryan were to go somewhere with the Alpha. Zach was the next in charge. He would be looking after the pack along with the other warriors while half of them came with us.