Chapter Twenty-Three - Discussions

Sky's (Thalia) POV

All of the Elite were gathered and seated in the living room watching a horror movie when Omega walked in. And as soon as he did, we immediately knew something was wrong.

He was dressed in an outfit comprised of a hoodie and jeans, his shoulders hunched. His hood was up and covering his eyes, a unique mixture of blue-green that resembled the swirling sea and a dark universe-like black that he acquired when he became Chaos's son. His clothes were covered with dried blood and dirt, and his steps were staggered and painful.

I waited for him to say a small greeting, which he usually did whenever he sees us, but he just walked past us, as if he didn't notice we were there.

Angel took the initiative. "Omega!" she said worriedly, jumping up from her seat on the couch. "What happened to you!"

He didn't answer back and continued walking, heading to his room upstairs. I tried mind messaging him, but his thoughts were blocked, a huge barrier preventing me from communicating from him.

"Bro," Jason started, "are you okay? Did something happen?"

Percy remained silent, his steps still heavy and painful as he walked up the stairs. He took only seconds to reach the door and slammed it as he went in. Luke, I, and everybody else in the room exchanged strange looks with each other.

What had happened?

~~~~~

It's been three days since Percy came back from his time in the mortal world. And never, in the time that I had served Chaos, had I ever seen him be so quiet and distant.

For the past few days, whenever any of us Elite asked him a question or said anything to him, he would almost never answer back. The few times he did, they were always short and clipped responses. It was a never ending cycle of us asking questions, and Percy remaining silent.

His eyes were darker and sadder than before, if possible, and he looked more like a sad, abused puppy than the son of the all-powerful Chaos. His favorite pastime was no longer assassinating criminals and crazy psychos but had now changed to laying in bed and distantly staring out of the window. To be honest, I was worried about him, and I could see that I wasn't the only one.

Everybody seemed to be more worried and anxious about Percy's well-being than the problem about End. Zoë and Nico were the two that seemed the most distraught out of all of us. They would never leave Percy alone, opening the door to his room nearly every five seconds to see how he was doing.

But we really got on edge when Chaos called in to check up on us.

A loud beeping sound had suddenly rang throughout the miniature palace, and shocked all of us that were sitting on the couches. Zoë, the one in charge of communications in the Elite, abruptly got up from her seat and said, panicked, "Chaos is calling!"

"Oh no, what do we do? Should we tell him about Percy?" Silena said.

"Pick up, Zoë," I said. "He's calling to see what's going on and if we don't tell Chaos about this, we won't know how to get Percy out of this state."

A disembodied cough abruptly sounded throughout the room. "What happened to Percy, now? Is there something I'm missing here?"

"Hello, Chaos! How are you doing?" Luke cheerfully said. "Anything interesting happen? Hook up with anyone yet?"

"Don't do this to me, Beta," the disembodied voice sighed. "I already have enough worries as it is. Now what happened to Percy?"