2

As soon as my mom came home she rushed upstairs to my room and barged right in for the first time since I was a little girl. I remember that day like it was yesterday...

"MOMMY! MOOOOOMMY! MOO-" my screeching was abruptly interrupted with my bedroom door being violently swung open followed by my moms face of terror bursting in.

"What on earth!" she exclaimed terrified at the sight of a stapler on the floor next to me and my index finger with a staple going right through it. I remember it didn't hurt at all but just seeing how it went through my skin was scary, That and the fact that the stupid staple wouldn't come out. Now when I think back on that day its kind of funny to me. My mom has always been there for me, she has been a Mother, father, doctor and always my hero. I guess that's why as soon as she popped into my room this time I recognized the hurt look plastered on her face. It was then that the guilt came right over me, I realized that I had betrayed her in the worst of ways,

"Mom I'm sorry!" I yelled across the room at her as I stood in front of the mirror only in my sweats and sports bra analyzing my body. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly autmatically feeling secure in her embrace, a deep sigh escaped me and she hugged me tighter. My ear was pressed directly on her heart and I could hear its rapid tempo slow down and her breathing become relaxed a bit. I could stay in her arms forever and feel safe, without a worry or care in the world.

My mom finally came around to speaking after what seemed like hours and asked  "How did this happen?". I knew that was something I wasn't suppose to answer since I'm sure she already had an idea of how it happen, And then followed "Are you sure?".

"I-I think s-so" In case you didn't know I sort of have this thing where I stutter every time I'm nervous or lying probably why I suck at keeping secrets or being confronted about things. " I mean I'm not sure real-"

"Have you taken a test?" This time a high pitch took over her voice.

"Um y-yes-s I took one" I started to feel my face going red now. This is unbelievable, I never thought I would be having this conversation with my mom this soon in life.

For a quick second I saw her face brighten up as if I still had hope and in a blink of an eye her expression went blank, no emotion at all. Her eyes were looking straight at my stomach, by the look on her face I could have sworn she was going to faint. The life was drained out of her voice when she spoke again "I'll schedule an appointment with my OB/GYN"

___________

So after two trips to the drug store with my mom, chugging one whole gallon of water in just a few minutes and 100 trips to the restroom I'm left with three positive tests, 3 negative, and 3 unsure. I just couldn't believe my luck.

Despite the fact that my mom felt devastated at the moment she made me my favorite, Fettuccine Alfredo. I ate every last bit of pasta and was feeling a little exhausted at the end, my mom insists on saying that its the pregnancy of course I cant say no since mother knows best right...

*   *   *

I ended up missing a whole week of school since the day I told my mom about my small mistake, though she still doesn't know exactly how it happened and I don't plan on telling her just yet, Maybe I'll tell her when I give birth to it. I wasn't worrying about it right now, I had other things to worry about... Michael.

Today was it. The day that I went back to school and if I don't get cold feet it is also the day I tell him that in 9 months ill be pushing out a human being.