Chapter 4

Harry POV
        I woke up from my bed, hearing stomps on the stairs. I peered out my window spotting that the storm had not yet cleared up, I prepared myself and walked down the creaky oak stairs. I spotted Ginny, head in hand, glaring at the crumb she was flicking. She didn't notice me enter until I stated "I heard your stomps." She averted her head up and surprisingly sympathetically considering her mood apologized "Oh, sorry! Did I wake you?" I laughed it off and sat down next to her. "So what's up?" I asked. "Dean wrote an apology letter and I politely declined saying he broke my heart and that I just was to be friends, then he wrote me a reply stating that I'm a lousy selfish twerp and no one would ever like me." She sniffed. Tears were leaking out of not only her's, but my eyes as we joined hands. The butterflies in my stomach were released from their cage as I shivered. "Does she like me back? Is that why she is letting me hold her hand? No, she probably thinks I'm just comforting her as a friend." I thought. "Gin." I stated, "I know for a fact that you are the opposite of a twerp. You are not selfish, he is because he expects to be forgiven after what he did to you. And Ginny... One more thing... I... I know for sure that you will be loved in the future... A beautiful, sweet, caring girl such as yourself is bound to be loved... Honestly... Personally I don't know how some people resist you..." I trailed off. I didn't want to go too far, in case she didn't like me that way. She blushed furiously and smiled. We burnt holes into each others  eyes  as we slowly leaned forward. Our noses grazed each other when Ron came downstairs. Harry pulled away and simply nodded "Morning." Ron waved and sat down.

Ginny POV

                "Curse that darn brother of mine! He always ruins things!" I thought. The things Harry had said to me were very sweet and almost confirmed my suspicions of his feelings for me. I had always liked him, but I decided to move on after several counseling sessions with Hermione. Yes, I did like Dean, but inside I would prefer Harry to anybody. We polished a delicious breakfast made by Mrs.Weasley and sat down to play games. Harry retrieved a muggle game called "Sorry" in which each player had to move in a certain number of spaces determined by a card all the way around the board. If a pawn was to land upon another, the pawn would be sent back to home. Hermione laid out the board and set up the cards and pawns. "Ok, I'll go first." She offered. She drew a card and read it aloud. "Move forward 4 spaces." After about 15 minutes of constant laughter and chatter, the lights flickered and exhausted. "Ugh!" I groaned, "Dad insisted on using the muggle generator. I stood up to try to fix it when Ron questioned, "Do you even know how to work one of those?" I face palmed and sighed when Harry piped up, "I can go with her." Ron nodded and shooed us off to complete our chore. I lead Harry to the pond of a back yard where the wind howled like 15 werewolves on a full moon. I showed him inside a metal door which lead underground into a dusty old area. We climbed down the rusty ladder and into a tight room with a sputtering power generator. Harry plunged his hands into the device, transitioning them from place to place every now and then. After 5 minutes of repeating these actions, the machine started churning again. "Good job!" I complimented. He smiled at me and grabbed onto the orange railing of the ladder when I stopped him. "Wait, Harry?" I stated, "I never got to thank you for earlier..." He turned around and I had his full attention. "So, thanks." I nervously smiled at him. I tilted my head up and pecked him on the lips. It was short, but up to the rim with feeling. I blushed, climbed the ladder, and sprinted inside leaving him with his shocked face in the dark.