Chapter 1

"So how is it going with Ezra" Spencer asked in a teasing voice while we walked into the brew. Wait... Did she know what happened between us last night? She couldn't know. "Uhm...the book, right?" I didn't get an answer from her so I just kept talking about the book. "It's going great! The release date is Christmas, Jillian is thinking about book signings, book tours and she actually loves the book! And not just Ezra's chapters, she loves mine too! And she actually said love instead of like!" My enthusiasm was taking over again. "Wow! Calm down little" Spencer said laughing. "Sorry I guess I'm just really happy." "Congrats Aria" she said hugging me "anyways how are you and Ezra, together?" "Together? We're not together, I'm with Liam" I said maybe a little too fast, thinking about the events from last night.

"Oh my... Aria what aren't you telling me?!" Spencer said a little too loud. I started blushing furiously. "Oh my god, you two kissed! Am I right?" I didn't answer. "I'm right, right? I knew it. I knew you two would find your way back together! Oh my god I'm so happy, Ezria reunited" Spencer's enthusiasm definitely took over too. "Okay calm down Spence... I don't know if we're back together. I mean I'm still with Liam and..." "Just dumb him." "Spencer!" "Sorry" she said grinning "so tell me about it, I need an explanation." "Let's go somewhere... more private."

We walked from the brew to Spencer's house. Her parents were out of town and her sister was back together with Wren. "So tell me, everything" Spencer said taking my coat. I walked towards the couch and sat down. "I...he just told me about the book and all and my enthusiasm took over just like before, I got so excited that we actually succeeded in this and then I kissed him. I immediately let go of him and wanted to apologize but then he started kissing me. He hoisted me on the counter and I don't know...we kind of ended up in the bed." "You had sex? With Ezra? While you're with Liam?" "It sounded better in my head...Spence I just need your help right now, I know you want me to be with Ezra but I don't know what I should do right now. When I'm with Liam I feel happy."

"Aria, I am not the best person to give you some love advice, if you want the best advice you should probably call Hanna but all I can tell you right now is that you probably just like Liam and you definitely love Ezra." There was a silence, Spencer stood up and got two glasses of water. "Just think about it, realistically" she said handing me one glass.

"Bzz...bzz." A phone started buzzing. "It's not mine" said Spencer "maybe it's Ezra asking you to 'help him out' again" she added teasing me. "Oh stop, I don't even know what we are right now" I said taking my phone out of my purse.
I read the text and froze. "Something wrong?" I gave my phone to her and looked at her reaction.

Sluttin' it up with Ezra while you're dating Liam. Maybe you and your dad have more in common than you know. Hope your night was great just remember that you have to tell Liam. If you don't, I will honey. Tic tock, the time is ticking, you've got 8 hours to tell him -A.D ⏰🔞

I started to freak out. "Spencer, if I don't tell Liam in these 8 hours or what's left of them A will tell him. And I'm sure 'it' is doing it in a way I don't want it. I've got to go" I said taking my coat and purse. "Where are you going?" I didn't answer, I just walked to the door. "You're not going anywhere without me, I'm coming with you"Spencer said taking her coat. "I'm going to New York, I'm taking the first flight there is and I'll tell Liam what happened, on my own." "You're not going alone, I'm coming with you." I looked at her. "Team Sparia" she said slowly with a question voice "I'll help you. Come on we've got a flight to catch." And off we were, we took the first flight to New York and we landed 3 hours later. We got less than 5 hours left. I called Liam.

"Hey, it's me Aria. Are you at the office? I need to talk to you. No it can't wait. Meet me in 40 minutes in central park. Don't be late! Yeah okay bye." "Off to central park it is then?" "Yep" I said. We got into a taxi and drove to central park. I was nervous as hell, for sure because I didn't talk to Ezra after it all happened. I mean I woke up at his place and we had breakfast together and these awkward smiles but after that Spencer called and I left. What if he doesn't want me back, then why am I breaking up with Liam? We sat down on a bench in the park. Spencer saw I was stressing out and laid her hand on my knee. "Just remember what you're doing right now, Ar. You and Ezra belong together, I don't care about your history with him. You belong to him and it was about time you two realized that." "Thank you for coming with me Spencer, I.. you just always know what I need and I owe you a lot" I said hugging her. "I don't owe you." "Yes, I do. For all those times you covered for me in High School while I was at his apartment, for helping me out and just being the amazing friend for me." I saw Liam. "Aria! Something wrong" he said coming closer "not that I mind seeing you here but I thought you were busy writing that book with Ezra. Oh you must be one of Aria's friends! She told me so much about you." "I'm Spencer" she said shaking Liam's hand. "Liam, I...uhm...I don't know how to tell you. But I know I have to. You know I've dated Ezra before and... I swear this had nothing to do with you I mean, you're really nice and I like you but.." I couldn't finish my sentence. "You slept with him right? I told you I didn't like the idea of you working with him, that's the reason why you brought your pretty little friend with you right? Because you're scared to do such things like that on your own. Don't think you're getting away with this. I'll make sure you are regretting this" he said angry. I had never seen this side of him. "Okay that's enough" Spencer said "you don't even know the chemistry Aria has with him. You are lucky you even got the change to hold her hand in public. These two fought for each other and I'll make sure that if you hurt her or if you ever interrupt her relationship with Ezra you are going to regret that. I'm a Hastings, if I want something I'm fighting for it besides I have a lot of connections you should be worried about. If you don't leave her alone, I may use them." He tried to say something back but got interrupted by Spencer. "Have a nice day!" She took my hand and walked away. A tear started to run down my cheek. "He's not worth crying over, Aria." "I know, I just... I am so glad I have you" I said hugging her. "I love you Ar, friends help each other out in these kind of things." "Are you saying I need to help you with Toby now" I asked, teasing her a bit. I know she is with Caleb now and that their love life is pretty good but I also know that she never stopped loving Toby. "Oh shut it, we need to go back to Rosewood."

Right before we took our flight back to Rosewood I got a text:

Good girl, it's a shame I don't get to tell him. O well, I have to accept it. It isn't the first time I saved your relationship with YOUR teacher... You can thank me later. -A.D.