Chapter: 1 'Inamorata'

Thank you so much for checking out my story! I hope you like it! Please vote and share your thoughts!

P.S: If you've read any of my previous stories, you know I love to start with a bang!

Cover: xJrSenpaix

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter: 1 'Inamorata'

I impatiently tap my foot against the tile floor as I wait to speak with Mr. Collins. The nerve of that lethargic bastard, firing my husband for absolutely nothing! Someone ought to fire him.

I notice the slim brunette desk attendant who instructed me to wait here and try to get her attention. "Excuse me" I call out but she continues to have her eyes glued to the tablet in her hands.

"Excuse me" I shout a little louder but to no avail.

"Excuse me!" I practically yell. Is this lady deaf?

Finally, I stand from the chair my ass has been glued for several hours and stomp over to the woman, resisting the urge to grab her iPad and throw it out of a window. "When will I be able to speak to Mr. Collins?" I urgently ask.

I have been waiting for three damn hours when my appointment was supposed to be over an hour ago. "Mr. Collins will be right with you" the lady spoke, repeating the same bullshit she said to me an hour ago.

"I need to speak with him . . . . . now" I demand.

"I know ma'am but he's really busy at the moment. If you would like, you can come back tomorrow—" she began but I interrupt her.

Like hell, I'll be back in this office building tomorrow. I don't plan on leaving until I speak with Mr. Collins directly. I don't care if I have to camp out in the parking lot; I am going to speak with that man whether he wants to or not.

"I'm not waiting another day" I sharply snap and soon push past the desk attendant towards an office that had the words 'Collins' plastered on the glass door.

"Ma'am you are not authorized to go in there!" The secretary calls after me but I shoot her my middle finger. I grip the doorknob before violently turning it, almost snapping my wrist. I'm ready to give my husband's ex-boss a piece of my mind.

As I swing open the door, ten unexpected faces turn and greet me. "If we collaborate with—" a man who was standing near a white board with several graphs and charts began to say until he saw me standing at the door.

That's the perpetrator who devastated my husband. I'd recognize his face anywhere. His chestnut eyes and dark hair matches accordingly with his full brows and light bronze skin. He attends the Christmas and Halloween parties his company throws every year. He stands there, in a corner, watching his employees party while he sips his wine.