Chapter 1

You were stalking your prey, ready to pounce. Your movements so swift, they couldn't see you. You hid within the grass, waiting for the perfect moment, the grass barely moving as you breathed. Now was the perfect moment, you jumped-

You were tackled to the ground. 

"Hey! What are you doing?!" You hissed at the lion who pinned you down, he looked no older than you. 

"Oh, you're a girl." "Really? I hadn't noticed." You gritted your teeth. 

"No, I mean, I thought you were a hyena." "And what on earth would make you think that? And even if I was a hyena, why would you do anything, your just a cub, like me." You got up, dusting yourself off. 

"Because I'm the leader of the Lion Guard!" He puffed his chest out. "Yeah, the Lions better guard you if you're gonna go around tackling people." You rolled your eyes. 

"Hey! I said I was sorry!" "No! Ya' didn't." You said in a 'matter of factly' way. "Now, if you'll excuse me." You were going to keep hunting but your paw hurt, a lot. You hissed in pain. 

"Oh, you're hurt, now I feel bad." You smirked and bit his ear, hard. "Ow! What was that for?!" He yelled, pawing his slightly bruised ear. 

"There, now we're even." You started to walk away. 

"Hey my name is Kion! What's yours?" He yelled from behind you. "Y/N!" You answered. "Hope we'll meet sometime again!" "Hopefully not while I'm hunting!" You chuckled and walked back home.

Kion walked back to Pride Rock, a dreamy smile on his face. 

"Kion? What's wrong? You're hurt!" His mother immediately came to aid his wounds. "Yeah, I got bit by a girl." He mumbled, the silly smile still on his face. 

Kiara was first to notice this, "Okay, so either the girl was totally venomous or you're in love!" She cheered. Kion looked at her and answered, "Probably both."