Chapter 1: Gravity Falls, Here I Come

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Mabel and Dipper have not met Mermando in this Fan Fiction.

I stepped onto the old bus. I had packed everything of mine into a backpack, two suitcases, and a duffel bag.

I was going to Gravity Falls for who knows how long, and I didn't have the slightest idea what Gravity Falls was.

I lived in Orlando, Florida, the best place a person could live. I had to take a bus to the Orlando Airport and then take a plane to Gravity Falls, Oregon, and before I knew it, I was at the airport.

I hated airplanes. Ever since my parents crashed on one, I got extremely anxious. I knew that plane crashes were extremely uncommon, but what if this plane was going to be a plane that had crashed?

I twisted my mom's Moonring around my finger, something that I did when I was nervous. I had taken something of my mom's and something of my dad's, which I wasn't allowed to do. I had taken my mom's Moonring, which generates light from the moon and gives mermaids power, and I had taken my dad's locket that my mom had given him on their first anniversary: a picture of him on the left, and her on the right. They were still with me, in a way. 

After nervously passing through intense plane security with my Aunt Rosie, she waved me away with some money to buy some breakfast.

I purchased a large blueberry muffin and some weird blueberry flavored smoothie and sat down near my gate. I looked at it, not really hungry, my stomach full from anxiety and nausea.

Well, I thought to myself, The Last Supper. I took a bite into the delicious blueberry muffin, deciding that I could eat.

I sat with my blueberry muffin and drink, careful not to spill any of it. I knew that if I did spill it, unfortunate things would unfold. I took slow, careful sips, realizing that it was disgusting, thinking how if I didn't spill it over, I would spit it out all over myself.

Instead, I made an unpleasant face and forced it down my throat.

I zipped my unfinished drink and muffin away into my carry-on backpack, and slouched a little in the chair, waiting for the plane to begin boarding.

I examined my dirty converse high-tops from my seat, and sighed to myself.

I was going to die.

*~*~*~*~*

Within thirty minutes, the plane started boarding.

I walked up to the gate, boarded my plane, and buckled into my seat. I was so freaking nervous. Was it too late to abandon this whole mission? My Aunt Rosie would kill me if I did. She was really strict, I only saw her on Christmas, and she was my dad's sister.

She hated me or something because apparently I was the total cause of my parents' death. Don't ask, but somehow, I was.

She didn't want to take care of me because apparently a mermaid is too much to take care of. My mom and I were freaks of nature, just some mutants to her.

She's the one who's a mutant, if you've ever seen her.

The plane took off, and I was going to have a heart attack, I swear. I flew back into my cushioned seat as we took off, with slight admiration for the speed of the plane.

I quickly scolded forself for admiring the killer of my parents, and at that moment, I vowed to myself that I would never get onto a plane, if I ever made it off of this one.

The plane ride was going to take about six hours, and six hours of my life was long enough for me to prepare my death.

It wasn't like anybody would come to my funeral. I have no friends, no family, no parents. I'm nobody's child.