Chapter 25

Hey guys. I must apologize tremendously for the long delay.  The past weeks had been very challenging. I was in the stone age. Yes, I time travel lol. I was without technology except TV.  I watched a lot of that and find out a lots of facts I didn't know like: Buttercup, Bloom and Bubbly. Isn't really the powerful puff girls name. I know...shocking. so anyway, I hope I have been forgiven for the little delay. I see a lot of comments and votes here and want to thank you all for reading my book. I'm overjoy :) also I'll try reply to the commentsHope you all my fellow readers enjoy this chapter 'kisses'.

****

Joshua stared into the flames, his mind pondering on Samantha Wavery. The polished glass sparkled as he lifted it to his pursed lips.

He was worried sick for the Lady. A lady he should have offered to protect instead of sending her back to that tyrant of a man. Who knows what she is going through right now. Was she dead? Injured? Being tortured?

His fingers tap against the fine exterior of the now empty glass. Perhaps he should pay a visit to her home. At least then his mind would be at ease. He laugh humerously, how foolish would that make him.

"Joshua, you shouldn't have gotten Samantha involved." Lord Cummings voice hunted him, he gingerly took a seat in front him.

" I agree with Davy," Jake chinned in, leaning against the close door. With arms folded. " we have a clear description of this frenchman. The lady already did her part."

" What you suggest we do Jake? Go on a man hunt?" Joshua arched one thick black brow at his friend." This guy no doubt have other people working for him, if we make ourselves known, things would be more complicated than it is." Joshua poured himself another glass of whiskey from the table beside him.

Jake nodded understandingly. Things would indeed be more complicated if this French guy knew they were tailing him. He would stare attacking not just them but there families. It was wise to stay in the shadows.

" So you are planing on Samantha, finding out who  the princess is by spying on her financè- Lord Cummings began before being interrupted by Joshua.

"Ex-fiance and I have faith that she would." He finished his whiskey in one glup.

David leaned back against the soft padded armchair. " Let's just hope she stays alive to delivered the message."

Joshua blood sizzled, he slowly lean forward in his chair. Fear gaze across his face. "No harm would come to her." Samantha wouldn't die at his expense.

" I just wish we have something to work on to help find the chit." Jake mumbled, rubbing his chin.

"We might just have" two pair of curious blue eyes watched as David pulled a neatly fold paper from his pocket. " this my friends is a list of ladies I suspected to be the princess."

Joshua yank the paper from his friend's hand. Excitement boiled within him, like a kid unwrapping his presents at Christmas. The excitement didn't last very long as he scan through the irrelevant list of names. " I can't believe you wasted ink writing Lady Katherine's name"

Jake almost choke on his whiskey, with a smirk he grap the paper out of Joshua's hand." Let me see this princess list." Joshua was just about to call the zookeeper and inform them that one of their monkeys was in his study. With all the OOS and AHHS Jake emitted from reading one blasted piece of paper