Preface

•Rose's Pov•

"Tell me, Rose. How have you been sleeping?"

My therapist asks me as I look at the ceiling of his office.

"Pretty great.."

Liar..

"That's a start. And how has your recovery therapy been coming along?"

I think about that night, when I got my surgery to correct my spine.

The dark matter that hit me. The pain, the agony.

The doctors say I was in a comma for nine months, and that half of my nerves were dead. They expected me to be paralyzed from the waist down instead of crippled, as I was before.

But I remember all of the pain. Feeling each nerve tissue heal it's self. Feeling my bones slowly mend back together.

I remember waking up to a white light and feeling as if I just lost everything.

Almost like I lost my best friend.

My brother, Wally, he was there. They say he was in the accident too. Which I was a little annoyed since he wasn't in a hospital bed, I was.

I was fine and well enough to go home, at least until around midnight.

I had this excruciating headache and just blacked out before I could get any medicine to stop the pain.

When I finally woke up? I was covered in blood. I was frantic when I discovered it wasn't my own.

Maybe I was sleep walking and accidentally hurt a small animal?

But the news for the past week said something otherwise.

People were going missing. Men, and women. All of their stories started out the same. They were jogging late at night, from what a witness would tip off, and a large bird like figure would swoop down and carry them away.

I thought nothing of it at first, until one morning I woke up to blood and feathers in my bath tub.

I thought I was going crazy or maybe someone was playing a cruel joke on me.

But in my gut...I knew something was going on with me. My reflexes were faster, my legs were doing very well, and the only strange thing was that I kept finding these large feathers all over my apartment.

"...Rose? Miss West?" I come back to reality and remember I'm in my therapists office.

The one my cousin Iris had helped me find.

"Sorry, a lot on my mind. What did you say Dr. Thawne?" He gives me a smile and closes his notes. "I was letting you know that our session was over. Same time next week?" I sit up and nod.

"See you next week." I get up and leave his room to schedule another session for next Tuesday.

As I walk out of the building, I shoulder my bag and take a long drink of water. I wipe my lips and smell something in the air.

Another strange thing, my appetite has been becoming very large ever since the accident. I walk over to one of those hot dog vendors and get a dog with the works...okay four.

"Are you sure you can finish those little lady?" I pay the guy and start shoveling.

"Thanks." I say with a cheek full of food. I walk all the way home and eat the last hot dog, when I got a call from Wally.

"Hey, my session went okay." I tell him as I unlock my door. "That's good to hear, so since you don't have to go in until three for work, you wanna come help me with my motorcycle? You're the only one I know who can get it sounding just right." I smile as I toss my keys on the hook.

"You know one of these days I'm going to charge you Wallace." I say as I kick off my flats. "Well put it on my tab." He laughs and I go into my fridge and grab a white milk.

Can't stand this stuff, especially strawberry. I take a sip and switch the phone to my other ear. "Well, I'd love to but I'm tired. I'll see you after work though right?"

"Yeah, oh Iris called. She wanted to know did you break her laptop?"

"That was one time and I got it fixed. Hold on Wally I got another call. Call you right back." I switch over then.

"Hello?"

A static ringing hits my ear drum and I wince dropping my phone. I hold my head as the headache throbs.

"No, no, no." I rush to the bathroom and look into my medicine cabinet for those pain pills.

I wince from the light so I turn it off and slip on my towel that I forgot to pick up after my shower.

I fall back slapping my head on the linoleum floor, knocking out cold...

•Third Person•

As the young woman slowly gets up in the black bathroom. She feels around for a switch and flicks on the light.

She looks at herself in the mirror and notices a trickle of blood on the side of her face. She reaches up gently and examines the ruby red liquid.

She then brings it to her lips and smiles as she licks the metallic flavor off.

She looks at herself in the mirror, pitch black eyes, and a devilish smile. She starts to hum a childhood favorite of hers. Until she opens her mouth to sing.

"Ashes...ashes...we...all...fall DOWN!" She then punches the mirror causing her hand to bleed and her blood ends up all over the white bathroom sink...

😈

HEY GUYS, I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR READING CTI I CANT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK, THE THEME IS WHAT WOULD'VE BEEN, IF THAT MAKES SENSE, THIS BOOK WILL BE DARKER, AND SPEAKING OF DARK, OUR ROSE HAS MANY THORNS THAT IM SURE YOU ALL WILL FEEL DEEP 😈 LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS PREFACE.

ALSO DONT FORGET TO VOTE.

ILL TRY OUT MY VILLAINOUS LAUGH LATER UP UP & AWAY!!!