Chapter Forty-three

Start from the beginning

“I’ll be back in like fifteen or twenty minutes.”

“Okay.”

“Text me if you need anything.”

“I will.”

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek before walking off to where Shawn was sitting. I swear to God, if he tries anything with her I will shove my foot so far up his ass-

I really need to calm down. This isn’t good to be so protective, is it? It doesn’t seem healthy. He just wants to apologise…I hope.

* * *

I texted Gabby that I would be there in ten minutes and she didn’t reply. She always replies. Why am I so fucking paranoid? Her father moved her here because it was safer, not so she would be in more danger.

When I arrived back at the coffee shop, I sent her another text to let her know I was there. If I went inside to get her, I knew something might make me snap. Just the fact that he was alone with her for the past twenty minutes was annoying enough.

After a while of sitting in the car waiting, I decided to look up from my phone to see what the hell was taking so long. That’s when I saw something I’d rather not have ever even known about; them kissing.

It took everything I had in me not to storm inside and beat the living shit out of him. I never trusted this to be just about apologising anyway. He was trying to steal her away from me again.

I forced myself to look away and back down at my phone, which I felt like crushing at the moment. The door of my car opened not long after and Gabby got in. I brought my hands to the steering wheel and squeezed it, trying to prevent myself from screaming at her.

She leaned across the seat and kissed my cheek, “Did you get all your stuff?”

“Yeah,” I answered in the calmest tone I could muster. Why isn’t she telling me about the kiss? Aren’t you supposed to feel guilty and shit and explain what happened?

“So, did you decide what we’re going to do today?”

“I don’t know. Do you have anymore guys you need to kiss?” I asked rather harshly. If she wasn’t going to bring it up, then I sure as hell was.

“What?”

“I saw you and Shawn.”

“Well you obviously didn’t see me push him off. You really thought I would cheat on you?”

“Why wouldn’t you? I’ve been a selfish dick to you for a long time.”

“I wouldn’t cheat on you. I love you, Harry, you know that.”

She says she loves you, yet she won’t marry you.

Fuck. I hate my mind. She said she would think about it and that’s good enough for me. Who am I kidding? It’s not good enough for me. I wanted her to say yes…I needed her to say yes. Instead she turned me down. But here I am right next to her because I can’t seem to let her go.

“Yeah, I know,” I replied finally.

* * *

We ended up just going back to her apartment since neither of us could think of anything to do. I was sitting on the couch, just scrolling through things on my phone when it was gently removed from my hand and sat on the coffee table.

Gabby climbed onto my lap and placed her arms around my neck, smiling at me before pressing her lips against mine. I brought my hands to the small of her back as my tongue traced over her bottom lip. She allowed me entrance and I turned to lay down on the couch with her on top of me.

Her hands moved to my hair as mine held to her waist. She pulled away, pecking my lips once.

“You know, I think I eventually would have gone a little crazy without you,” she admitted.

“Then why won’t you marry me?” I asked a little too angrily.