Chapter 3

I'm now working on the next book for the series. Anyway y'all have to tell me what y'all think about this ending. P.S. // Descriptive Sexual Content, skip if you want. SOON I'll put out a sneak peek of the next chapter.. ** Enjoy! :)

Rod's Temptation; Three

It had been three week with both Mariah and Rod sleeping alone. Rod didn't know how to warm up to her cause honestly, he never had to. Mariah had moved into an apartment that wasn't so far from her job at the hospital.

Rod had talked to her over the phone a couple of times just to see how she was doing, today he was going to visit her. He hadn't seen her in three weeks and it was killing him slowly.

"Girl, I know you not sitting in this damn house all day?" One of Mariah's friends, Chante asked.

Mariah sighed as she flicked through the TV guide, trying to find something good to watch.

"That's all there is to do." Mariah responded.

"We can link up with my girl Miracle, at least get you out of this house and stop worrying about Rod sorry ass." She said as a knock came at the door.

"Can you get that please?" Mariah asked before Chante stood and walked to the door and opened it before she rolled her eyes, "I'm leaving. I'll call you later, Mariah."

Rod waited for Chante to leave before he stepped inside, closing the door behind him as he looked around the apartment.

"This what you living in? A damn box?" He asked in more of a statement as he made sure he locked the door.

Mariah shook her head as she looked at her uninvited guest but still she couldn't resist the butterflies in her stomach, It had been their for the last eighteen years. Rod was only in black basketball shorts with a white tee while Mariah was still in her scrubs.

"How you get the address?" Mariah asked.

"I always got my eye on you." Rod said and Mariah knew it was true. Rod never let her go anywhere without someone watching her when she wasn't with him.

Rod sat on the couch beside her, still observing her place. It was nothing compared to their home. Their house cost five times more than what her apartment was worth. The apartment only had two rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room and a dining room and to Mariah that's all she needed.

"What you doing here?" Mariah asked.

"Came to see you." He said as he grabbed her hand, lacing his fingers through hers.

"Oh, you did? Not Juicy?" Mariah asked as Rod sighed.

"I don't know who keep telling you this shit but that night I didn't have sex with Juicy, I saw her and we talked but that was all." He said as he looked in her eyes.

"Have you ever had sex with her?" Mariah asked, she was going to get answers. Now.

"I have," Rod said as Mariah moved her hand out of his, "but that's all it was. I swear all it was is sex."

"How I'm supposed to know if you lying or not! It seem like that's all you fucking do is play with my damn heart!" Mariah said as she stood, she couldn't be near him.

"I ain't lie to you! I'm telling the truth, Ri." Rod said as he dragged his hands down his face.

"How long?" Mariah asked as she closed her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.