Chapter 1

Flashback 18 years ago Barry's P.O.V.

First day of first grade, well that's ironic. Well, I guess that could happen every year, I mean second day of second grade and so forth.

But that's not important right now Barry! Making friends is. Remember last year you were to 'grammatically correct' and 'too scientific'. Although, it wasn't your fault your fellow classmates had the vocabulary of kinder gardeners. Wait a minute, we were in kindergart.... 

Okay, okay. Barry you think to much, think about making friends. Oh, that boy looks nice. Oh my gosh, he is walking to the science station! Oh, wait no he was just trying to go to the cars. Dang it! Well that girl is really pretty. She has pretty dark skin, dark hair, and chocolaty brown eyes. But she would never talk to me.

"Hi, my name is Iris!" I stand corrected.  

"Hi, I'm Barry." She grasps my hand and shakes it enthusiastically.

"Wanna be best friends?" This is unreal, a pretty girl asked not only to be friends but to be best friends!

"Sure!" Yes! I just made a best friend. That was a lot easier than I expected. Uh oh. I think I tuned out because Iris has titled her head and is looking at me expectantly.

"Well don't just stand there."