Chapter 9: Dad Was Shot !

* SAMMIES P.O.V *

I was pulling into the drive way to my family home, when I saw that the house was surrounded by cop cars. I quickly parked the car and ran inside to my mother ..

" MOM ! Are you alright, what happened?"

" Sammy, I'm okay, your father is also okay, we got home from work at the same time to find the window to Megan's room broken open, we thought she was home when they broke in, we searched the whole house, but we could not find her, so we phoned her, to our relief she picked up and explained to us she was at a friends house, but something was wrong, the people who broke in only went through her room, nothing was stolen or broken, they were looking for something in her room.."

my mom game me a worried look before saying... " there is one more thing Sammy.."

" what is it mom? "

" They wrote a letter to her on one of the walls in her room... I think Jason is somehow out of prison.."

My mom led me to my little sister's room, when I walked in I was shocked at the sight, they had really turned the place upside down. I walked to the wall that had the righting on it and read it out load..

"Hi Megan, Darling. I am hurt that you sent me to prison, I wish things could be different, but you hurt me, so I need to hurt you, I suggest you keep your loved ones close before they disappear forever... and one more thing, STAY AWAY FROM MATTHEW, or else...."

what does he mean keep you loved ones close.. I thought to myself , as if on que, I heard a gun shot and then a scream and then silence...

I run down stairs to find my dad lying in a pile of his blood, he was shot in the lower back. i ran outside still expecting still see all the cops but nothing everyone was gone, I grabbed my phone out my back pocket and phoned the ambulance, they told me they would be there as soon as they can, once I had put the phone down, I ran to the kitchen cupboard and grabbed the first aid kit, running back to my dad I took out the bandages and wrapped then around him to try stop the bleeding....

About 2 minutes later, I heard the ambulance sirens, they ran inside and put my dad on a gurney and put him in the back of the ambulance, my mom got in with him and they were waiting for me, but I remembered Megan

" You guys go, I need to get Megan and then I will meet you at the hospital..."

"Dad?"

"Yes son,"

" I love you Dad!" That was the first time I told my dad I loved him since what happened with Megan.

" I love you Sam!" I smiled at him and then they closed to ambulance doors and drove away...

Once I got inside, I decided to phone Megan, I dialled her number but she did not pick up, I did not stress because I knew she was with Matthew and her battery must have died, so I dialled Matthew, he picked up after the 3rd ring..

" Hello Sam, I was actually just about to phone you, you need to come over here right now, there seems to be a problem."

" What kind of problem, is Megan okay?"

" Megan got another letter from Jason, and umm- and a 9MM bullet...."

" Okay we will deal with that later, my dad just got shot I need to speak with her please"

" sure give me a second"

I heard movement in the back round before Megan answered in a soft child-like voice

"Sammy, is everything alright?"

I hated having to tell her this, she loves our dad so much, he is one of the most important things to her, she looks to him when she needs guidance or hope...

" Megan, Dad has been shot !"

I hear her softly sobbing into the phone...