Two Long Years Later...

Hello, my Phantom Readers! It is I, Grapejuice101, bringing you the sequel to "Red Rose Thorn." I know you all have been waiting to read this sequel for a while! Now, I do have a teaching job, I am part of a theater company, and I also have a social life I like to live... So sadly, updates will take their time for my stories: "My Magical Wish" and "Red Rose Nightmare." I would ask you all, my faithful readers, to please have patience with me. I swear on my life that I will NEVER abandon my stories.

Also in other news, a couple of weeks ago, I was in the hospital for a whole week because my stomach was in so much pain and I found out I have colitis in my colon. I am doing better now, but I have to be careful of what I eat now. The doctor says I may or may not have this colitis for the rest of my life. For those who knew about this already, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Plus, I would love to thank my good friend, OtherCharacterNut, for not only proofreading this chapter for me, but also creating the beautiful poster for this story. I seriously cannot thank you enough! Anyways, enough of me talking. I would like to present to you, the very first chapter of "Red Rose Nightmare!"

I do not own anything except for my OC Brie.

"Let hopes pass, let dreams pass, let them die. Without you, what are they for? I'll always feel no more than halfway real. 'Til I hear you sing... once more!"

My eyes snapped wide open when my cell phone alarm went off, however, it was the music of 'Til I Hear You Sing' that rung in my ears. I groaned, rolling over in the hotel bed to shut off the alarm. The small, glowing screen read 7 o'clock and forced my eyes to close once more. They snapped back open when the door crashed open and an excited weight began jumping on the firm mattress.

"Wake up, Brie! We're going to Coney Island!"

I squinted up to see the early bird culprit. It wasn't surprising to see Amber's little brother, Ryan, jumping on the bed.

"All right, all right., I'm up. Quit jumping on my bed!" I tried to close my eyes again, but Ryan continued to jump up and down. "If you don't stop, I'll call Amber over to get rid of you," I threatened.

Ryan's eyes widened with fear and he immediately got off the bed, running out of the room. I smiled; he knew better than to call my bluff and get creamed by his sister. I yawned and stretched my sore back, feeling something foreign yet familiar hit my chest. I looked down to see a ring at the end of a chain. Right, the Phantom of the Opera ring. A lot had happened since the community theater performance of The Phantom of the Opera, when I played Christine. And it had been two years since I came back from the Phantom world. Amber and I graduated high school and were accepted into Anker University of Performing Arts. To celebrate, our families surprised us with a weeklong trip to New York City during the summer. We already bought Broadway tickets to see School of Rock, and of course, The Phantom of the Opera. We were going to see it tonight, but Ryan really wanted to go to Coney Island to ride the theme park rides. As I touched the ring laying on my chest, I couldn't stop the memories of the Phantom world flooding my mind.

I looked around the room to make sure this wasn't someone's - well, Megan Reynold's - sick joke on me. I slowly turned back to the mirror and carefully paced up to the glass. As I got closer, I heard the song again as it grew louder and louder.

"I am your angel of music... Come to me angel of music..."

I placed my hand on the reflection, and to my surprise I went through the mirror! I screamed as I tumbled down, my whole world turning into darkness.

Hearing my cue, I closed my eyes and began to sing.

"Think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye... Remember me, once in a while, please promise me you'll try..."