1/1

The man's mind felt weary. In his slumber, he barely felt the faint, unusual vibration rippling through his wrist. The young adult groaned, stretched his lanky body out on the queen sized bed, then glanced down to his rubber bracelet with half open light emerald green eyes. The letter "J" in the center of the wrist band illuminated a faint yellow glow. Jason's eyes grew wide at the sight he hadn't seen for years..

      Hooting of owls and the rustling of bare oak branches sounded across the forlorn burial ground he had been neglecting for a considerable amount of time. A few cars driving past, their bright headlights creating a shadow cast by a shivering young man who was attempting to hide an old shovel behind his back. The sunrise gradually advanced as Jason made his way toward the opposite end of the vacant graveyard. Near the rusty, black metal fence.

      Stopping his shoe clad feet at a fairly untouched tombstone, it read;

                                                            Jamie A. Manning

                                          August 23. 1993 - January 17. 2013

                                             Passed, but forever in our hearts

         The younger twin's jaw tightened at the emotionally distressing sight of his best friend's grave and immediately averted his clear, glassy eyes toward the dull, green grass by his worn black shoes. In the dim light of dawn approaching, he recalled how the grass wasn't there the last time he visited his supposedly lifeless twin sister, three years ago. Jason felt a strong will to reify why his bracelet had gone off earlier that cool, October night. He moved the metal shovel from behind his back in front of him, put his weight on the step, and began to quietly push the tip of the shovel into the dirt. Looking around the perimeter, to make sure no one was to see him. Each time he lay the earthy brown soil to the side, he slowly adapted to the motions, as if he always had the dexterity to do so. The determined man's mind wandered while his movements continued in an uninterrupted pattern..

          In a short, carpeted corridor with smooth wooden walls, two giggling children were found lifting their limbs, like a frogs, to place their young hands and feet onto the sides of the narrow walls. Facing each other with smiles painted across their cheeky faces as both eagerly attempted to climb upwards to try and reach the ceiling like a superhero, until..

"Jason! Jamie! Come here, there's something we want to show you!" their mother enthusiastically announced.

      The hyped up six year olds dropped down from the heights they had climbed daringly, squealed in excitement, and sprinted down the short hallway and into the previously peaceful living room.

      The grins on their parents' faces brought upon growing anticipation to the twins.

"What is it, what is it?!" the two asked demandingly while jumping up and down, interest clear within their light green eyes.

      Both parents laughed with amusement from the comfortable leather couch, bringing forth two small, unopened silver boxes out from behind them. Before the guardians could get out any words, the two blessings seized their small presents from them and began removing the tops of the boxes. Inside, sat two identical bracelets. Both had cream colored 'J's in the center, both mixed tie dye from different shades of blue, and both adjustable.

"What are they for?" "What do they do?" the kids began questioning.

"They're matching bracelets, as you can already tell," the sandy haired woman started, "and when you touch the letter 'J' in the middle of them, it lights up yellow and starts to buzz."

      Jamie ooed with interest while Jason asked why they needed them.

"Just for fun, my dears. You don't always have to wear them."

      But they did. Exactly that, never taking them off. It served as a way of comfort for them when the other twin wasn't around, which became more and more often as the two twins moved to different parts of their home state, Minnesota.

      Jamie living in New Richmond, Minnesota near their parents. While Jason packed his bags and went to live in Stillwater, Minnesota for job opportunity, visiting his family once or twice every month..

"Ring! Buzz Ring!" his phone emitted noise and buzzes from his front suit pocket. Glancing at the caller ID, the brunette saw that it was his mother. *Click*

"Hey, Mom" Jason smiled as he put his phone up to his ear. Sniffling on the opposite end. His thin face grew serious.

"Mom? What's wrong?" Jace questioned, concern laced in his voice.

"J-J-Jamie," the crying woman sniffled once again. Her son's breathing automatically quickened its pace.

"Car accident."

      Her weeping. His eyes widened, tears starting to fill them. His gut dropping all at once like an abrupt stop of the brakes in a car. His heart clenched painfully in his chest as he ended the call to run out of his office and plan out his troubled road trip out to New Richmond, Minnesota.

      Thud! Vibrations surged through the digging tool from the sudden impact. The startled man's nimiety of thoughts stopped abruptly as he stared down into the six foot deep hole he had just dug up. It was clear to see the top of the long, narrow box from the sun, halfway up the sky, shining down at the graveyard.

      Before Jason could squat down to examine the mahogany coffin, he felt a contrasting temperature pass by his shoulder. Chills made way down his spine as he turned to look behind him. Jason's eyes were met with a see-through silhouette of a young adult girl. She was smiling back at him with the bright sun rays passing through her pale white figuration. The bright yet faint, colorless eyes of hers was the last thing Jason had seen. His gasp and drop of the shovel sounded across the empty atmosphere. Having lost consciousness, he collapsed onto the large pile of dirt.