Chapter 24

Emma's P.O.V...

Keeping my eyes on the boys I watched as disbelief and concern washed through each of the boys faces, what was wrong with these guys I honestly don't know them!

They stood around the room, either in pairs or by themselves, and all that was heard was the whispers and mumbles made while I just sat in the hospital bed aching my ears to hear more. While they were looking back at each other, a woman barged into the room with a purse slung over her shoulder and her coat almost hanging off of one arm, she scanned the room until she found me.

"Emma, honey!"

She threw her arms around my shoulders and squeezed me tightly tears prickling at the corners of her eyes, her embrace was warm and comforting the kind of like a mother hugging her child during a scary thunderstorm.

"Emma, dear, I'm so relieved! I thought that... that I would lose you just like we lost.. lost your father..! Oh sweetie, you don't know how happy we all are that your alright!"

Not sure about who all these people were, and why they were doing here in this hospital room with me, I knew for some reason somewhere in the pit of my chest that this woman was MY mother, and she loved me very much.

"M..Mom?"

"Yes honey! I'm your mother, oh thank god you remember me!"

She clutched onto my tightly, raining kisses upon my face and brushed some stray hairs from my face, happiness and pure relief radiated from my mother and she turned to the first face I had saw when I woke up.

"Darren dear, what in the world happen to Emma? All I was told was that my poor baby was in an accident!"

"I don't know for sure, but Matthew over here does. Ask him."

Darren, with messy black hair and oh so mysterious pointed toward Matthew, who was the the picture of any mother and father's choice of a husband for their daughter, what exactly was he to me?

"We.. we were in my house, and one thing led to another, then she was running out of my house. Then out of nowhere a car came and hit her, just like that. I tried to get to her before the car made contact with her, but I was too late. She flew into the air and went unconscious by the time I got to her.."

Matthew was swaying slightly, retelling what seemed to be the accident that caused me to get into this hospital in the first place, another boy with dark brown hair and a faded hoodie helped Matthew into a chair.

"Thanks Harry.."

"No prob Matt, relax, Emma's fine see?."

Glancing up at me Harry gave a hesitant smile and then turned his attention back toward his friend, Darren slowly made his way toward me but another boy ran and took his spot by my left.

Was I some girl version of a player or something!? Jeez, everywhere you looked in this room there was a boy and it made me feel slightly flushed and comforting, though it would be taken as creepy to others. Hair swept to the side and his face suddenly buried into my shoulder, the boy wrapped his arms tightly around my waist his lips tickling my ear as he spoke in hushed tones.

"Emma I'm so glad your alive! Your my best friend, if I had lost you.. I'd.. I'd.. I don't know what I'd do! Don't ever leave me like that again!"

Clutching me tightly, the boy whimpered softly like a puppy who almost lost its master, and apparently I was of up most importance to him.

"Wh-who are you?"

Turning to face him, I raised my eyebrows in question and the flash of hurt that shown onto his face just broke my heart, his lower lip trembled and he whispered confused and frightened.

"I.. I'm your best friend! Marsh! We've known each other since we were elementary schoolers! Don't you, don't you remember me at all?"

Shaking my head and looking down a bit ashamed, why did I have to lose me memory just like that, I'm basically hurting so many people and especially my supposed best friend!

"No... I'm so sorry.."

My mom cast Marsh a sympathetic look, leaning over and rubbing his shoulder as he sagged against my own in disappointment and sniffled softly, I let a hand trail down his arm and held his hand in comfort.

"But, you can try and make me remember how good friends we were."

Looking up to me Marsh perked up instantly, he grinned kissing my cheek and whispered into my ear only letting me hear what he was about to say, everyone else leaned in and tried to strain their ears to hear.

"We're not just friends, just today you kissed me, and you seemed to really enjoy it Em's.."

Blushing brightly, I bit my lower lip flustered and unsure if to believe what he was telling me or was he just pulling my leg, everyone turned and gave curious looks and hoping to know what Marsh had whispered to me to make me blush.

"Uhm, Mom can you and everyone leave for a minute? I really want to talk to Emma alone, and it would be really great if I didn't have an audience."

Darren ran a hand through his long soft looking hair, raising his eyebrows a bit as Mom nodded and ushered everyone -who went unwillingly- out of my hospital room. Just before shutting the door behind her, Mom flashed Darren a thumbs up and a wave to me, then the door closed with a click.

"Yesss, their gone..!"

Walking over, Darren leaned in and fell on his stomach onto my bed and splayed himself out across my lap, this sudden move made me jump and blush at the tingle I felt with his weight pressed on my legs. Rolling onto his side chin resting in his palm, Darren smiled toward me and reached out to stroke my jaw and neck with his fingertips.

"I'm glad your safe, I can't believe that Matthew would ever put you in danger like that, at least I can protect you now."

Leaning in and smiling, he pressed his lips to mine and I felt my heart explode, involuntarily moaning against his mouth and moving closer into his embrace. Between kisses Darren repeatedly whispered my name over and over again, I didn't realize that he was now hovering over me as we kissed until the door opened and Marsh stood there red faced.

"D-Darren! Get off Emma right now!"

Rushing over, Marsh grabbed Darren's upper arm and yanked him off of me which, caused Darren to fall onto the floor and landing on his back.

"You stop touching her like that! Its sick and twisted. Not only is she vulnerable, not only because her memory is basically wiped clean, but because once she regains her memory she'll be as confused as ever to know that her once brother isn't really her brother! Can't you forget what YOU want, and think of her!"

Both Darren and I were in total shock, him because of Marsh's outburst, and me because I just found out that Darren who was supposed to be my brother, wasn't?

Oh. Sweet. Nelly.