Chapter 2

"What?" Stiles asks. "What do you mean what?" Scott questions. "I mean what and you know what." Stiles answers. "What?" I ask. "That look you both were giving." Stiles explains. "There was no look." I state. "There was a distinct look. The look that says the last thing you feel like doing right now, is going to a party." Stiles says.

"It's not that. It just seems weird going to a different high school's party." Scott explains. "Yeah we'll have no clue who anyone is." I elaborate. "Would you God one drink alright? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl okay? She promised to introduce Scott to all of her friends, So tonight, no Allison. Tonight you're moving on." Stiles states.

"You're right." Scott responds. "That's right I'm right." Stiles replies. "Moving on." Scott says. "Onward and upward." Stiles states. They then do some elaborate high-five. "Don't expect me to get through this party sober." I announce. "Can you at least tell me what kind of party this is?" Scott asks. "It's a birthday party." Stiles answers.

We walk through the door and a blonde squeals Stiles' name. She must be Heather. "Hey there's the birthday gir-" Stiles starts but is cut of by Heather kissing him. He quickly pulls away and my hands ball up into fists. "Heather this is my girlfriend, Lia." Stiles states putting his arm around me.

"It's very nice to meet you. Happy birthday." I say through gritted teeth. She completely ignores me. "Come downstairs and help me pick out a bottle of wine." Heather demands. "Sure if that's good with you." Stiles says. "It's perfectly fine." I lie.

She brings him down to the basement. "Scott take me out of here before I kill someone." I state. "Someone's jealous." Scott teases. "Well I'm sorry that my emotions are heightened one of them being jealously and the bitch just kissed my boyfriend and walked away with him." I say.

I look at Scott's phone and see he's getting a call from Allison. "What happened to the no Allison rule?" I question. Scott picks up his phone and Allison told him they had something he needed to see. Five minutes later they pulled up.

"This isn't the talk we were gonna have is it?" Scott asks. "I need to show you something." Allison states. She pulls up her sleeve and shows us a bruise on her arm. "Who bruised you? Do you want me to kick their ass?" I question being an extremely overprotective friend. "No. I'll explain when we get to Derek." Allison answers.

Stiles then walls through the front door of the house. "Already found the perfect wine?" I ask bitterly. "She asked me to sleep with her." Stiles says.

My eyes flash yellow for a second out of anger. "What did you say?" I question. "I told her I had a beautiful girlfriend that I love and am waiting with until she gives me the green light, which will hopefully be soon. Then I hightailed out of there." Stiles answers. "That's so sweet." I reply and kiss him.

"Hey lovebirds we actually have something important to discuss, so you can get a room later." Lydia states. We then meet Derek to discuss it with him. "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek questions. "It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same." Scott answers. "It's nothing." Derek states.

"Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia says. "You feel like speaking in English?" I question. "They're trying to help." Scott states. "These two. This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you. And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." Derek sasses.

"Okay, now come on. No one died alright? Look okay there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." Stiles says. "My mother died." Allison argues. "Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek states.