chapter one

2013 Jamie POV

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this, I didn't think I would be up for auditions for this movie, the last I had heard the role had been decided, but because of scheduling conflicts the actor backed out to play Christian Grey and I had been asked to fly out to Universal Studios to audition with the movie's leading lady, Dakota Johnson, I have to be honest, I had to look her up to find out who she was. I find it a bit intimidating that she comes from two great stars, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, not to mention her grandmother and step father. I found some old episodes of Kate and Ben on you tube to see her in action, she is quite funny I wonder how she is going to pull off Anastacia Steele, this is not a comedy. I haven't read the book yet, but I have heard about it, you would have to live under a rock to not have heard about this book.

***********************************
I am greeted by Erika James the author of the book and the director Sam, "welcome Jamie, thank you for coming, I am so excited to meet you, I have seen your work on the fall, very good work, come through here please" Sam says to me, "thank you, it's nice to meet you too" I follow Sam and Erika into a room, Sam looks over and says to Erika, "where did Dakota get off to, now?" "I am not sure" Erika says. We enter into a room with a large meeting table, very board room and formal. I wonder if I should have dressed the part more, I am very casual in jeans and a tshirt, but I did just get off the plane. Sam points to a chair across the table and asked me to sit down. In front of me is a script, I look over it and see Sam typing on her cell phone, and she comes and sits at the table next to Erika at the opposite side of the table, Sam's phone goes off in her hands, she swipes and places the phone on the table between us and presses speaker "Dakota, sweetheart where are you?" "Sorry Sam, I had to run out to my car for a tampon, I am on my way back right now" I lift my eyebrows and smile, clearly Ms. Johnson doesn't know she is on speaker phone. Sam and Erika burst into giggles and plead with me to not tell Dakota that I heard her confession. "Not a word from me" I say as I lift my hands, I look over the lines they give me. I practice them silently in my head trying to sound the words out in American accent. Christian is from Seattle not Ireland.

The door opens and I look up and see Dakota come in flustered and rushed, but she doesn't look like the girl that I saw on you tube, her blonde hair is now brown much like my own. Her eyes blue, and her mouth open, it is quite entertaining really, I smile at her and she swears as the door swings back and hits her arm, "fuck!" I let out a chuckle, "are you okay?" I ask her, she grits her teeth and says "yeah, I think so" "Dakota, this is Jamie Dornan, Jamie, may I introduce you to Dakota Johnson" "hi, nice to meet you Dakota, are you sure you are okay? Can I get you some ice for your arm?" "Uh, no thanks I am fine, it's nice to meet you too, are you ready?" "Whenever you are" she makes her way around the table to sit beside me, Sam says "okay guys, just start whenever you are ready" I look at Dakota and wait, "Dakota, your line?" Sam says prompting her "oh yeah, sorry" she clears her throat and she sits up she goes into character and reads her lines, I recite mine without reading them, she stops and stares at me, I look at her and wait for her to say her next line, she doesn't "Ms. Steele did you have another question for me?" I improv she says "huh? Uh yeah sure, sorry" I smirk what the hell is she doing? She is acting as if she is memorized with me, but maybe she is just acting as Anastacia. I decide to roll with it, she reads her lines perfectly and I respond with my own staying in character. "Great job you two! Perfect and Jamie very impressive with the improv" Dakota blushes and says "I am sorry his accent dissappeared and it threw me off" she laughs and we all laugh as well. "I am sorry if I messed you up." She adds. "No, not at all" "well Jamie, thanks again and we will be in touch." "Thank you and again it has been my pleasure to meet you all, ladies" I leave from the room and smile at what just happened, she is a character, poor girl.