chapter 1: Unexpected possibilities...

Krystal's POV
Location: Airport
Time: 9:57 am
••• 

I've noticed that I'm not very good 
with change, but hey...maybe change is good. I know it's gonna take some getting used to though.

I put grabbed my purse & looked at the time on my phone. 9:57 
...could this flight move any slower? I just wanted to be on that plane & flying to paradise. 
What's paradise you ask? Paradise is Atlanta, the place I now consider home. This is my sophomore year in college & I know that I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it. I lived in LA my whole life until I was 18. I made a promise to myself that I would go to Spelman College, my dream school. I had the right grades, so it wasn't hard for me to get accepted. 
The only thing that I didn't like about my first year in college was my form. I hated staying in a dorm, since I'm so used to staying in houses & I hated my dorm mate Michelle. She was a bitch. 
Anyways, this year I begged my parents to buy me a condo & they did. I didn't want to stay there alone though. I'm too scared...if I get robbed, who'll be there to save me or help?
So...my mom found me a roommate. I asked no questions because I was just excited about having my own place...well having my own place with a roommate. Anything is better than a dorm.😒
I don't know who the person is, but it's my mom's friend's kid & were the same age...so I would expect them to be cool.

"I'm so ready to leave. Can we just be in Georgia already?"

She shook her head at me & sat down her down. 

"Look I know we've been here since eight something this morning, but it'll all be worth it when we get to Atlanta. You're condo isn't going anywhere Krys..."

My mom still thinks that I hate coming home since I was so excited about moving into my condo. It's not that I don't like coming home,but I like being away. I actually feel like an adult. 

It was time for us to leave, I saw or flight name roll across the screen. "Los Angeles to Georgia 10:00 - American Airlines"
I helped my mom up & rushed over to the area where we got checked onto the plane. This year is gonna be even better than last year. It's gonna be different...I can feel it.

Chresanto's POV
Location: The W Hotel (Georgia)
Time:10:13 am
•••
After I had done my hygiene duties & put on my outfit for the day, I headed down to my mom's suite. We had to do some grocery today. I needed everything that was a necessity for a house. 
This year I was living in a condo instead of a dorm with my mom's best friend Trina's daughter.
Yes, I said daughter. I know that's kinda weird, having two people of the opposite sex staying together, but hey...it was my mom's idea.
She said that the girl needed a roommate that lived in Atlanta & I said yes. I'm not gonna try to make a move or try anything with her though. I'm positive that whoever she is I won't be attracted to her. None of my mom's friends daughters are cute & I'm pretty sure she won't be an exception. 

When I made it to my mom's hotel suite, I walked in without knocking. I didn't care, she's my mom anyways. 
"Hey ma." I said kissing her cheek.
She smiled at me smacked my butt as I walked away to go sit on her bed. I hate when she does that. 
"I can't believe my baby boy is going to be living on his own. It feels like just yesterday I was waking you up the steps to daycare. I rolled my eyes. "Ma, can you chill out with the baby shit? I'm 19 now." I chuckled.

"You're still my baby in my eyes Chres." She replied.

I didn't feel like arguing with her on this topic. She'll go on all day. 

She grabbed her purse & keys. 

"Come on, we need to hurry up & get plates and stuff. Don't wanna be eating of the counters & shit."

I laughed at her comment & followed her out to the car. It was gonna be some experience living alone. 

3 hours later
***

Krystal's POV
Location: The New Condo.
Time: 1:25 pm

Me & my mom had made it to the condo & I fell in loveeeee.
It was gorgeous. The rooms were huge & everything was just so nice. When I went upstairs I spotted a pink room, it was bigger than my room back home. It had a walk in closet. It wasn't that big but it was enough space for my clothes. My mattress, nightstand & dresser were already in the room so I figured this was supposed to be my room. 
This was definitely fucking paradise. 😍 
Even though I had a roomate, I had the den that I could go to if I didn't wanna be bothered. Which is completely different from a dorm. No matter what I had to see Michelle. 
I pulled one of my suitcases towards the closet & started unpacking when I heard the doorbell ring. I didn't feel like getting up so I ignored it & let my mom answer it. 

Chresanto's POV
Location: The Dorm
Time: 1:47 pm
My mom rung the doorbell to the condo & waited.
A lady that looked like she was in her late 30s answered the door. She had caramel colored skin & her curly hair was in a ponytail. 
"Hey girl!" She said greeting my mom. They hugged & she let us in.
"This is my son Chresanto." My mom told her gesturing towards me. She smiled at me. "Oh, he's a handsome young man."
I smiled at her compliment. 
I was wondering where my new roomate was though. And as is my mom read my mind she asked, "And where is that gorgeous daughter of yours?"
My mom uses the word gorgeous too freely, the mom was pretty; but I'm sure her daughter is not going to be very attractive. 
"Krystal!" The lady called. 
There came a girl skipping down the stairs. When she made it down the stairs she stood there awkwardly. She was extremely short. (which I found cute)
She had very dark brown hair that reaches the middle of her back & big brown eyes. She was wearing some black leggings with a purple windbreaker & a black bandeau underneath & she had on some Timberlands' with some black & white Odd Future socks.
So she was pretty ? & she could dress ? Completely unexpected. 
She looked soo familiar though. I know our mom's knew each other,but where did I know this girl from? 
I could tell she was thinking the same thing because she was giving me the same weird look. 
That's when it hit me. 
Bradshaw Elementary, we moved to a new neighborhood. I was in the 4th grade...

Flashback

I was on the swings with my buddy Ray when she came over. 
"Can I use the swing now? You been here all recess. That's when she had a lisp from her braces & she wore glasses. 
"No, I just got on." I lied.
She rolled her eyes & fixed her purple skirt that she had on. 
"You can't hog the swings Chresanto!" She squealed grabbing onto my swing. I was annoyed by her presence so I shoved her into the sand beneath me. 
"Move peanut head!" I yelled as she pulled me down with her & hitting me. That's was the day I started hating Krystal. I got a whooping for pushing a girl & I couldn't do anything that whole week. I always picked on her & we hated each other all through middle school until I moved at the end of the 8th grade. 

End Of Flashback
"Peanut Head ??"
I exclaimed chuckling.
She scowled at me & pulled her mom into the kitchen.

Krystal's POV
•••
"Mom, how could you do this???!"
I whisper-yelled.
She looked at me like I was crazy. 
"Do what? Krys, what are you talking about?"
I couldn't believe that she was actually asking me what I was talking about. 
"Mom, you know me & Chresanto HATED each other in elementary & middle. So what the hell gave you the bright idea to make him my roomate??!" 
This was some complete bullshit.
She rolled her eyes at me. 
"Krystal, you have to get over those childish things. That was a long time ago, you're 19 years old now. Get over it." 
I guess my mom did have a point...and he got kinda attractive....wait what the fuck am I saying? I don't like Chresanto, I hate him.
I shook my head,went back into the living room area & gave his mom a fake smile. "Hi Mrs.August. Nice to see you again." 
She smiled at me & nudged Chresanto. 
He rolled his eyes & smirked at me. 
"Hi." He said blankly.
Great. He didn't wanna be here either.
At least we could both try to avoid each other.
Which is kind of impossible considering that we live in the same house.

Roc's POV
•••
This was definitely some shit.
My mom set me up, now my roomate is my arch enemy from elementary & middle school??! No bueno. ✋
Wow this should be great. Said no one ever.😡
She looks the complete opposite of what I expected though...
That should make it interesting.😏