Chapter 10 | Who Is She?

Start from the beginning

Why would she pretend to be unconscious of my identity? What did she win on that?

Maybe she thought I would have her imprisoned for the insults? But that's not the case, because why else would she continue with her rude comments?

"Ugh," I groaned in pain and frustration, feeling exhausted from the war this girl had created inside my head.

The other option is that she really didn't know who I am, and thus, did not believe any word coming out of my mouth.

Or maybe she just didn't care. You know, that does seem like a reasonable explanation in this case.

It would actually be a good thing for a change, it's quite tiring to meet people who only befriend you because of your title and riches.

Gold diggers. . . Should've dug up their own dignity instead.

But not her, she did not give a single care about me nor what I was saying.

Is that even a good thing?

Not only did she leave a war of questions that were fighting for answers, but she left me with utter confusion and curiosity. And I have to admit; I do like mysteries.

As a child, I have always fascinated and loved how mysterious and unknown riddles are. I absolutely love how there is a puzzle to be solved, but no one can seem to put the pieces together.

And this is exactly how I feel about this girl, but the difference, however, is that it makes me frustrated to the point where I just want to throw my brain into horse trash.

Is this how philosophers feel about their own questions?

She's a big mystery to be figured out, a puzzle I'm determined to solve, no matter what. However, that's the function of a mystery; its purpose is to be unknown at the same time it's supposed to be solved.

Mysteries are like a shell. You can either break it and figure out what's hiding there, or you can let it live in isolation and never find out what lives there.

"Prince Ethan?" A sudden, shrill voice screeched, pulling me out of my sea of thoughts. "You're Prince Ethan!"

My eyes widened as I looked down at the young, brown-haired girl. Her blue orbs were as big as the sun, almost popping out of their sockets.

I shook my head in a rushing and exaggerated action, "No, no, no. You must confuse me with somebody else - farewell!"

Before she could use her animal screeching voice to cry out again, I whipped the reins that consequently made Bryce run.
The quicker I got to the castle, the sooner I could find out about the mysterious girl.

***

"Where have you been?"

"Don't tell me you hid a body without us."

There are two types of people.

I rolled my eyes as I hung my red cloak on the nearest chair. My attention landed on the ball my friends were throwing between each other, both of them laying on each of they own couch like the lazy sloths they are.

"Why do you always assume that I have killed someone whenever I go out?" I raised my eyebrow at the moron I call a best-friend, Lorenzò.

"The question, cabrón, isn't why I would, but why wouldn't I?" The curly-haired boy replied, giving me a goofy smile that made his golden and sandy skin glow.

"He has a point." Conner pointed at the smirking Lorenzò, something I replied to with an eye roll.

These two morons may be annoying, but they're my only friends that I actually trust. We go way back to the diapers days, so you could say that I have known them my entire life.
Without them, I don't even know how I would've survived the loneliness and boredom in the castle. We always find something to do - whether it's just some sword practice, horse racing, soccer, or plainly messing with our teacher, Mr. W, there's always fun involved.